• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
share setlists without internet
Hi.  I'm looking for a way to share setlists without using the internet (ie direct connection between tablets).

My singer and I have libraries with the same song names but different versions. Her "addicted to love" contains only words and my "addicted to love" contains only chords.  All her files are chordpro; mines are a mix of pdf and chordpro.

We gig with a router so we have wifi connection between us but no internet connection.  Our leader makes last minute changes to the setlist.  I'd like to make these changes on only my tablet and send the new setlist to her.

I can't use "sync library" > "sync to device" as we have different file versions of the songs.  I can use "connect tablets" to load a temporary copy of the setlist to her tablet, but we don't necessarily want to stay in sync.  I can't see a way to save the temporary copy on her tablet so she can use it completely independent of me.

I have a way of doing it outside MobileSheets but it's cumbersome and longwinded (and something else for her to learn).  I'd like to do it using only MobileSheets.

Any thoughts?
You can export the setlist to .mss (long press the setlist, tap Share->Export song list or Share->Share song list) and then transfer the file to the other tablet (you can do this over bluetooth if you want to avoid needing an internet connection). When that .mss file is imported on the other tablet, it will build the same setlist but it will only use existing songs on the device (no song information other than the title and filename is transferred with the .mss file). So if the changes you are describing are just which songs are included and in which order, this approach will work just fine.

Mike