• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midichanges per sheet
Dear Mike,

I hope my idea is really new and has not already been requested many times or is perhaps already hidden:

I use the midi function to perform program changes on my keyboards. For some songs there are quite a few changes within the song and so that I don't have to press buttons etc. when changing quickly, I have designed the songs so that each setting is a page.

At the moment I have to add the pages individually to the setlist for each gig. It would be cool if I had several pages within a song and could set a separate midi switch definition for each page.

Best regards
Matthias
You can have multi-page songs, but if you want to send MIDI messages on every page, you have to use smart buttons at the moment. You can trigger smart buttons with a bluetooth pedal if desired. When time allows, I can look into modifying the processing of MIDI commands to allow them to be sent from specific pages, but that actually introduces a lot of complexity (if you turn forward then backward, for example, what should happen? Should it send every time you do this?). There is also the issue of changes to the underlying file. If the MIDI command is tied to page 8, but you remove pages from the PDF and it no longer has 8 pages, should the MIDI command just be completely ignored until the user fixes the page assignment? Or should it then revert to being sent when the song is first loaded? There are lots of little issues like this that will have to be considered.

Mike