• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paste clipboard content as an Image (Stamp)
I would like to have a function to Paste the content of the clipboard into the Song.

Example I have a leadsheet with text and chords - but I need some information from another file (sheet music) - and would like to insert it as a picture. I tried using the stamp function - but that doesn't work - because the image is too big, you can't resize it - and it's too complicated. An example of where I did it is attached

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M4HOMne...HWurl/view
Will the snipping tool not work for this? Are you not working with PDFs? That's exactly what that tool is designed for, but if you are using text/chord pro files, then I understand, as you can only use the tool with PDFs. However, I can't store an image in a text/chord pro file, which would mean having to store it on disk, which then creates a nightmare with file management with synchronizing, library backups, etc. I had to deal with all of that with the stamp tool. I'll just have to add more options for the stamp tool so that you can scale images down further if needed, along with an option to use image data in the clipboard to create a new custom stamp.

Mike
(03-14-2024, 05:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Will the snipping tool not work for this? Are you not working with PDFs? That's exactly what that tool is designed for, but if you are using text/chord pro files, then I understand, as you can only use the tool with PDFs. However, I can't store an image in a text/chord pro file, which would mean having to store it on disk, which then creates a nightmare with file management with synchronizing, library backups, etc. I had to deal with all of that with the stamp tool. I'll just have to add more options for the stamp tool so that you can scale images down further if needed, along with an option to use image data in the clipboard to create a new custom stamp.

Mike

YES and NO

To be honest, I haven't used the snipping tool yet - but I've tested it out now 

YES - it works perfectly within MobilSheets 
NO  - if I want to past something what's in the Windows Clipboard (from anywhere else) - it doesn't work - so may pasting of Windows clipboard can be added ????
         typicall I use FastStoneCapture for a Windows Screenshot - since this has nice features to work on the Capture
I would have to add support for pasting the image contents of the clipboard as a snipping annotation. I know users also want to be able to resize snipping annotations, so I may wait until I work on that to investigate support for this, as I would imagine the two need to go together for this capability to be very useful.

Mike