• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Sheets update frequency / tempory block updates
Sometimes during a performance Mobile Sheets suggests for downloading and installing updates, this is not handy during a performance.
Is it possible to have for example les updates or to have a setting to temporary block updates?
Any other solution for preventing unexpected updates is also acceptable.
How do i stop the automatic download of the apps - Google Help
"You can also disable automatic app downloads for individual apps. To do this, open the Google Play Store app, find the app you want to disable automatic updates for, and tap the three dots in the top right corner of the app's listing. Then, select "Auto-update" and choose the option you want.5 Aug 2023"

As well as disabling the automatic update, I also use the Companion to back up MobileSheets from my tablet to the desktop immediately prior to performing a manual update. 

Geoff

Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
It is not MobileSheets that is suggesting to install the update, it is the app store on the device your running mobilesheets on.

To disable install :
In the Microsoft Store, click on your profile icon (top of the window), choose settings and turn off the 'app updates' slider.
In android, open the Store, click on the black circle with a white letter in in the top right corner of the screen, Choose 'manage device and apps' (first option), click manage at the top of the screen, look for the MobileSheets app and select it, then choose the overflow menu (3 dots in top right corner) and turn auto update off.
It should be possible to do this on iPad Os as well, but I never have done it, so I do not know how.

My devices are not in english,, so the english phrases above may be a bit off, from what you actually see on the screen.

Rudy
If I disable updates in the Microsoft store, is disables updates for all windows store apps. I only want to disable updates to Mobile sheets. My machine is crashing after a Mobil sheets update based on data in the Windows event viewer.
You would need to switch to the FastSpring version if you want to have complete control over when updates are installed. With that version, updates are downloaded from my server, and you can choose when to download and install them. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com if you want to discuss this (and send me the invoice from your purchase). As a side note, I'm not aware of any issues with crashing with version 3.8.42.

Mike
(04-20-2024, 03:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You would need to switch to the FastSpring version if you want to have complete control over when updates are installed. With that version, updates are downloaded from my server, and you can choose when to download and install them. Contact me at mike@zubersoft.com if you want to discuss this (and send me the invoice from your purchase). As a side note, I'm not aware of any issues with crashing with version 3.8.42.

Mike

It's not Mobile sheets that is crashing - however it seems some updates that require a restart don't complete the restart. This is a Dell OptiPlex renewed computer I got in January running Windows 11 23h2. When I look in the Windows reliability monitor or the Event viewer this failure to complete restart is after an update - sometimes that is after a Mobil sheets update.  I don't find that Mobile sheets updates ever affect my use of the software - usually don't understand the feature that was fixed- been using it for 6 years, so i thought I could eliminate the problem for some cases.  I don't seem to have a record of my purchase of Mobile sheets; must have been 2017.  What is the FastSpring version?
You can look up the purchase this way:

1) Load the Microsoft Store application
2) Tap the profile icon at the top right
3) Tap Manage account and devices
4) Scroll down and select "Order History" to expand it, and tap "View order history"
5) Change the dropdown on the right to "All available" To see all purchases.
6) Scroll down and find MobileSheets in the list

The FastSpring version refers to the version of MobileSheets that I sell through my own store here: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

It uses a license key instead of an account and updates are provided directly from my server.

Mike