• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating stamps within MS annotations
Hi brainstrust,
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way within MS to create a stamp from, say, a text entry.

I know stamps can be created outside of MS as an image file (i used .png for the couple I've done, not that it matters), but I was hoping it might be possible to create, say, a text entry like "VS" which I use a lot, then make a stamp from it.

Ditto, it would be useful if I can select multiple annotations and make a stamp from them.

Ultimately, these would end up in favourites.

I've read through the manual and can't see anything like this, but that doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means I didn't see it.

Thanks for any help, even if it's just being informed that it can't currently be done.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
There isn't anything like that at the moment, however that's very much something I want to support (generating a stamp from one or more other annotations). This type of stamp would be a little different in that it wouldn't be a saved image so much as a saved collection of drawing instructions. I haven't thought through the implementation details (generating an image on the fly may be easier but it would scale worse).

Mike
Hey Mike,
thanks for the reply.  I'm very happy to learn that this is on your RADAR.

Lawrie
(03-15-2024, 01:10 AM)Lawrie Wrote: I know stamps can be created outside of MS as an image file (i used .png for the couple I've done, not that it matters), but I was hoping it might be possible to create, say, a text entry like "VS" which I use a lot, then make a stamp from it.

Hi Lawrie,

I noticed you are also a Tab X user. I can strongly recommend using instead of PNG images, vector-based images.
In example, I used Inkscape to type my note-text, save it as an *.svg and import that into MS as stamp.
I noticed that with PNG's and transparency layers, that I ran into some aliasing on my Tab X. And the benefit of the vector images: they scale super sharp in any size ;-)

Though indeed no solution like you want it: taking it from already created annotations. But perhaps vector pictures help in the mean time for sharper stamps :-)
Thanks for the heads up Anatolis.

I didn't think about the advantages of vector graphics when I created the couple of stamps I needed at the time.

When I looked into inkscape I noticed it isn't available as an app for android (or ios for that matter).  No big deal really, but I'm open to suggestions for an equivalent tool for android so I can create a stamp on the fly rather than have to wait until I can get to my PC.  Any ideas?
Gonna have a poke around myself too.

Of course, a native MS feature would be best of all   Big Grin
No, indeed Inkscape is not available on Android. Also at this moment I cannot suggest an tablet app. A quick search online gave some hints, but I did not try it out yet on the TabX.

I did try to use the native Notes app on the TabX to produce vector pictures, as that app does have the option to export a note to a PDF based vector file. Regretfully MS could not interpret that file for the stamp, so I only got exclamation marks  ;-)