• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer >> Album
My library contains classical piano pieces. I only use the Composer and Album metadata and I have rearranged the tabs accordingly. When I select a composer in the Composers tab, it shows the whole list of pieces:
Bach JS >> all pieces by JS Bach

Would it be possible to change this behavior so that it shows the list of Albums by this Composer - then selecting an Album in this list would show the list of pieces?
Bach JS >> Inventions >> list of the 15 Inventions by JS Bach

I realize that this would require a metadata to attach a Composer to an Album. If there is no such thing, is there a workaround?

Thanks for your help.
In theory, this could be accomplished without changing the database. You would still have to assign pieces to both composers and albums, and when a composer is selected on the composer's tab, MobileSheets would then find any song under that composer, organize them into groups based on assigned albums and let you pick an album. Having said that, this would require dramatic UI changes, and the logic for the composer tab would have to be completely rewritten. So it's not really something I want to support (at least in the short term) unless there are a large number of users pushing for it. As far as a workaround, I can think of two different options:

1) Use a filter for albums while viewing the composer, and only songs from the selected album will show up. You can do this by tapping the arrow icon at the far right side of the filters bar, and then select the album from the dropdown.
2) Change the search field dropdown to search on album and enter the value to match on

Mike
Thank you for this swift answer.

I think I found a simpler way: since classical piano pieces are most often grouped in some sort of a series, I rename the albums with "composer name - series", such as: "Bach JS - Inventions". And if needed, a dummy album named "composer name" contains individual pieces that are not part of a series. This way, I only need the Albums tab, and I don't even need to use the Composer metadata.

Philippe