• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with 3.8.35
I don't have wifi in my practice room so I don't update that often, but recently got 3.8.35.

In general it works, loading the data base seems to be faster, but the page display is slower than the previous version I had which was about 6 months old.
I can see that each page is set up in two separate steps, first showing the PDF and then adding the annotations to that.
In the previous version it was instantaneous.
Unfortunately I have found 2 real problems.
1) I sometimes have pages that are black with just the annotations.  This appears to be related to how fast after opening a piece I try to change the page.  I presume that I am changing pages before all the pdf is read and it is for some reason not loaded correctly.  The bad pages have always been the bottom half of page 2 or 3.
2) Custom stamp symbols are clipped to one side.  In the pop-up bubble they are shown correctly, when on the page they are cropped to one side.  I can send you photos by email if you would like to see that more.

Running Win 10 Pro 22H2 with all updates.

Best, Don
Il ne faut pas rouler vite... il faut freiner tard
Version 3.8.36 is the latest update and version 3.8.37 is awaiting approval from Microsoft. I would like you to update to 3.8.37 when it becomes available tomorrow and let me know if you are still encountering these issues.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-18-2024, 10:16 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Version 3.8.36 is the latest update and version 3.8.37 is awaiting approval from Microsoft. I would like you to update to 3.8.37 when it becomes available tomorrow and let me know if you are still encountering these issues.

Thanks,
Mike

Will do.
Thanks, Don
Hi Mike,
So, I've got V3.8.37 up and running.
The custom stamp clipping is now OK.
On the other hand I still have the black pages just showing annotations.
And there is a new problem that I hadn't noticed before.  
When leaving the annotation mode with the X in the upper left corner all the annotations are removed from the page.
Changing the page all is well, and then going back to the page where the annotations were removed they reappear.

Note for the black pages problem I can provoke this happening:
In half page mode load a larger piece like a symphony score, immediately when the first page is shown swipe left to change the page, the second half of the second page will be black with just the annotations.
If I wait even just 2 seconds the problem no longer happens.
I note that when a piece is loaded there is a short wait with the spinning dots before the page is shown. 
If I swipe immediately after the first page is shown the spinning dots show up again very shortly.
If I let those 2 seconds pass the spinning dots are not shown when swiping.
I hope that gives you some clues as to what might be happening.

Best, Don
Thanks Don - It's probably a race condition where the order of events matters. I have a bunch of optimizations in place to ensure pages and the annotations on those pages are not redrawn unless necessary, but a bug must be occurring when turning to page that isn't fully loaded yet. 

Mike