• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share collection, artist data
Is there any way I can share collection data (an optionally artist data) between tablets?
Background:  I have a 7 inch and 10 inch tablet with the same set of songs on each tablet.  The files on each tablet have the same names but are different versions - a 10 inch version and a 7 inch version.   (I suppose its similar to having an Eb library on one tablet and a Bb library on the other.)  This means I can create a setlist on one tablet and export it to the other tablet without difficulty.  I do this for every gig, using the 7 inch tablet as a backup for my 10 inch.
I'd like to be able to edit collections on one tablet and share that so I don't have to do the same editing on the other one.  I'd be happy to export artist, composer etc at the same time, but I don't update these as frequently.  I don't think the .mcf file will do, as I want to keep the settings unique to each tablet.
The problem is that you can't export metadata without also exporting the song files (PDFs, images, etc). I think the song versioning feature which is planned for later this year would solve this problem though. I've discussed this elsewhere on the forum, but you could have a 7-inch version and 10-inch version of every song, and then you could just switch which version is used by default on each device (there will be a simple toggle for this where you can assign roles to versions, and then pick the role you want to use on a device).

Mike