• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.8.37: Create Subdirectories For Songs: not working as usual
I have restored my library from a backup on a new tablet (Surface Pro 8, WIN 11 23H2)
The backup was done including settings on a desktop computer with the same WIN version.
On the desktop all files are stored in a subdirectory with the song name. All subdirectories are stored in the storage directory.

After restoring all files are stored direct in the storage directory. There are subdirectories created only for songs with audio files.
In this case only the audio files are stored in the subdiectories. The pdf- or png-files are all located in the storage directory.

New feature or bug?
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
It's a little of both I think. There is a bug with the settings screen where it will show that "Create Subdirectory per Song" is enabled by default, when in reality it's disabled by default. If you switch it off, then back on, then it will work as expected. Regardless, having the audio files placed in subdirectories while other song files are not definitely seems like a bug that I will need to investigate.

Mike
I wanted to follow up on this - I put fixes in place for Android and iOS, but I wanted to get the Windows update out sooner to fix critical bugs, so the changes for Windows won't be available until 3.8.39. After that, all the subdirectories will be removed unless they were custom paths (i.e. if a user added their own folders under the storage location, those will be persisted).

Mike
Thank you for the information.
I will wait for the next update.
Paul
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0