• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection to Korg PA4X
I use Mobile Sheets on a Samsung Galaxy tablet with a Bluetooth Page Turner. It connects by USB to a Korg PA4X keyboard to which it sends song change information over MIDI channel 16. This has worked very well since acquiring this system is November.

Until recently I have received the message ‘Korg PA4X Connected’ on start up but, recently this has changed to ‘Allow Mobile Sheets to Access Korg PA4X?’. (Perhaps there has been a software update.)

If I press OK’ for this then there isn’t a problem but if I miss the message without agreeing to the connection then I am unable to get it back and have to resort to changing the keyboard ‘songs’ manually.

Please, Is there a way of either:
·        Permanently permitting the connection?
Or
·        Being able to repeat the prompt so that I can agree to it?

Many thanks 

Update - On further thought, this may not be an issue with the MS App but with the Samsung system. I updated the Android software on 19th March and this is about the time that the problem started - Al
Based on a request on the forums, a user asked if MobileSheets would stop prompting every time a USB device is connected. So I removed something in the application manifest that associates MIDI USB connections with MobileSheets. For most users, this was an improvement, as there isn't an unnecessary prompt when a USB device is connected, and if MobileSheets has previously been granted access to a USB device, it shouldn't ask again. It sounds like this not the case on your device. What type of Samsung Tablet is it that you are using and what OS version is it running? One suggestion I might make is, if your device is running Android 6.0 or higher, go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connection, switch to the Google MIDI library and select the input and output ports. This should not prompt you to "Allow access" in the same way as the default MIDI library I believe.

Mike
I did what you suggested and the problem is sorted. 

When I start up and connect I now get the message 'MIDI device Korg PA4X is attached.'

Thank you so much, Mike, You're a star! :-)