• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making changes via text file
I’m a new Mobile Sheets user. Maybe there’s already a way to do this that I have not found? I imported a bunch of songs. I did it in several steps to import them by key. Now I’d like to change some attributes on a large number of songs at a time, adding some to a collection, genre, setlist, etc. It would be nice to import a file that has a list of songs and the collection, genre, or other group.
As I understand it, you can't do what you are want to do (.csv files are possible but only when trying to split a multisong pdf file into separate library entries).

What you can do though is long press one of the songs that you want to change (until it has a check mark against it). Then select any other songs which will have the same required attribute e.g collection, genre, setlist etc.

Tap edit and modify the common attribute for all the selected files.

Hint: It is usually easiest to set up attributes when you import a song.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(03-26-2024, 02:32 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: As I understand it, you can't do what you are want to do (.csv files are possible but only when trying to split a multisong pdf file into separate library entries).

What you can do though is long press one of the songs that you want to change (until it has a check mark against it). Then select any other songs which will have the same required attribute e.g collection, genre, setlist etc.

Tap edit and modify the common attribute for all the selected files.

Hint: It is usually easiest to set up attributes when you import a song.

Geoff
I imported more than 2000 songs. It is not realistic to suggest I set them up on import.
You can set up some of the attributes on import e.g. batch import them into collections.
With such a large number of songs, this is obviously a big task to do on a per song basis.

While MS doesn't provide this by default, I seem to remember that someone was writing a program (in last 3 months?) that  directly modifies the MS database (no idea how far they got).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I am going to add support for updating metadata through a csv file, I just haven't had time to work on it, and I'm not sure what the timeline will be for it. Just a lot of work in the backlog.

Mike
(03-26-2024, 04:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I am going to add support for updating metadata through a csv file, I just haven't had time to work on it, and I'm not sure what the timeline will be for it. Just a lot of work in the backlog.

Mike

I'm sure you're very busy. Any way I can help? Retired electrical hardware/software engineer.
That is very kind of you to offer. It would get pretty complicated dealing with the intellectual property agreements and the ramp up time with all the different code bases. I haven't had many good experiences now with people that have offered to help, so I'm a little resistant to accepting offers now. The development should pick up pretty soon now now that I've worked through some very time consuming things over the last 5-6 months.

Mike