• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song request error after Cloud Sync to iPad  -- "File ...xxx... does not exist."
Song request error after Cloud Sync to iPad  -- "File ...xxx... does not exist."

After doing what appears to be a successful cloud syncronization "Sync" from (Google) folder (Folder to Device) to iPad, I select a song (any of my thousands in the library) and get this error:

File /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/<many letters and numbers>/Documents/<FileName.pdf> does not exist.

The database seems correct; that is, it shows all of my Collections, Albums, and songs correctly.  Just no access to any of the actual songs/files (!).

Google drive sync folder is "flat," that is all files seem to be in one directory (no folder per song).

I have successfully synced in the past.

I did a "Clear Library" to start fresh. Syncronized and got the above error.

I did another "Clear Library" and set a new Library "Switch Library" and tried again, then get same error as above.

I removed MobileSheets and reinstalled, and did it all again, but get same error as above.

"Fix Broken File Paths" gives "Total number of updated paths: 0"

"Find Missing Files" gives "x songs found with x total missing files" where x is the correct number of files expected in my library.

In Settings, MobileSheets, Store Documents On, the setting is "On My iPad."  It was originally set to "iCloud Drive" but after the first time getting the error, I changed it to "On My iPad."

49g available on my iPad. I'm guessing that the MobileSheets files take up about 4g.

Maybe something obvious that I'm missing? I'm new to iPad, so maybe there is a security setting for allowing file access?

MobileSheets version: 3.8.39
iPad Air: iPadOS Version: 17.3.1
Thanks,
Todd
This should be fixed with the latest update. Please update to version 3.8.41, clear your library, sync again and things should work better for you. Let me know if you still encounter any problems.

Mike
Also, as a side note, you can always create a full library backup (.msb) and restore that on the iPad before synchronizing future changes using the cloud. That’s usually the cleanest approach.

Mike
Yes, it works now!

- I did the cloud sync and it worked.
- I have not tried the restore from .msb, but will try that another time. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the fast fix and response!

Todd
I'm glad to hear that Todd - thanks for following up.

Mike