• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Scroll enhancement ?
Just bought your app and look forward to enjoyable use! Great work, kudos!

I'm curious whether it is at all possible to make auto-scroll work like a "roll" of pages, i.e., as the bottom of a page is reached, the next page starts scrolling up from the bottom rather than jumping.

I ask because in landscape mode, I find there's typically two lines of music visible (piano score) ... that's great because much of what I play involves a fair amount of rubato and a page jump is not only jarring, but may actually occur too soon/late depending on how the pace is flowing at that moment.

Obviously a bluetooth pedal would solve the timing problem -- or some improvement of my memory skill! But a pedal is just one more bit of kit to carry around, and my memory? Well ... I'll work on that Shy. A scrolling method as described above would not be perfect, but I believe it would be useful to me at least.

I don't profess to know whether this is possible in terms of the programming or not, but if so, an option to scroll by jump or by, for lack of a better term, "piano roll style" would be fabulous.

Many thanks for the time and effort you've put in on this program, and for your consideration.

Victor Z
This idea could make landscape mode a real possibility for me too. Smile

Chris
Continuous vertical scroll, as I call it, is a feature I plan to implement after annotations are released. It's definitely near the top of my TODO list. I'll release more information as I get closer to being able to add it.
Thank you for your reply. Very good news to hear that this feature is in the queue. Even more delighted that you consider it to be near the top of the list. I'm very much looking forward to it!
(08-10-2012, 04:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Continuous vertical scroll, as I call it, is a feature I plan to implement after annotations are released. It's definitely near the top of my TODO list. I'll release more information as I get closer to being able to add it.

This could be a great improvement, especially when the scores have lines in the middle of the page.
If i had a page flip pedal (on my list for christmas), i will wish to be able to control the scrolling by feet.
I agree this would be a great feature. Getting a Kindle in a few weeks and this is by far the best app I've seen out there for sheet music. The autoscroll tied to a specified bpm per piece would be AWESOME. Thanks!

(08-10-2012, 04:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Continuous vertical scroll, as I call it, is a feature I plan to implement after annotations are released. It's definitely near the top of my TODO list. I'll release more information as I get closer to being able to add it.
Great to hear that continuous scroll is at the top of your list. And for those who don't have pedals, even WITH pedals, continuous scrolling is STILL a big feature.