• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing pdf’s
Hi everyone, I have several pdf’s I've saved in Box, but unable to share them or import them to MobileSheets. They all pdf files, and saved on my iPad. Any help appreciated. Dupe
What method are you trying to use to import the files? If you just download them to the iPad itself, then select Import->Local File in MobileSheets, are you unable to import them? What error message do you encounter?

Mike
(04-09-2024, 09:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What method are you trying to use to import the files? If you just download them to the iPad itself, then select Import->Local File in MobileSheets, are you unable to import them? What error message do you encounter?

Mike
Thanks for your reply Mike. I have several saved pdf’s on my iPad, if I open one, say it was a saved pdf via Box, I normally go to the three horizontal bars (top right corner) then go down to share, I swipe across all the choices where I can share to. In some cases none Box pdf’s, MobileSheets will be in the list of ‘share too’ choices, however Box generated pdf’s share too, MobileSheets doesn’t appear in the share to list, this also applies to One drive PDF’s. My question is why doesn’t MobileSheets show up in the  ‘share too’ option. The other problem, may also be related…if I import from my saved iPad library sheet music images, I have no problems with, but other down loaded PDF’s won’t select, i.e. greyed out.

Hope my explanation can give some clues. Kind regards Dupe
Dupe,

I installed the OneDrive app, logged into my account, tapped the three dots next to a file, tapped "Open in another application", then MobileSheets showed up as an option, so I tapped it and MobileSheets is loaded and the import settings dialog is shown. If I tap OK, it successfully imports the file. So I'm still not sure exactly what you are encountering, as it seems to work just fine as far as I can tell. Can you please verify that all of your files have a valid .pdf file extension? I've seen cases before where files were identified as PDF on a cloud service but did not have a .pdf file extension, which causes issues, as MobileSheets is only registered as a share target for PDFs (and other supported file types).

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for your prompt reply. To cut a long story short, the problem was down to file storage. My iPad is new, and by default uses Safari as default, I’ve always used Firefox and not realising later the download folder was hidden. All the music I saved was in pdf format but before committing to saving, I tried the share options, but MobileSheets was not showing up in the sharing list, however some free sheet music did! After hours of reconfiguring my iPad with a dedicated file folder to save my music pdf’s in via Firefox, I can now simply Upload to MobileSheets, no problems. 
It’s an excellent app to use, thanks again. Kind regards Dupe
I'm glad to hear that Dupe. Thanks for following up to let me know.

Mike