• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compagnion usb connection problem
Hello, I can't connect to compagnion via usb, but I get a blah, blah, blah error message. On the other hand, there's no problem with wifi, except that I have to connect via mobilesheets using the connect to compagnion option. is this the right method? basically, the tablet isn't recognized via usb, even with the firewall and anti-virus turned off. I've tested the same problem on another computer.
Thanks for any help. Smile

Xiaomi pad 6 tablet
Android 13
What exactly does "blah, blah, blah" error message mean? WiFi is the recommended type of connection to use, which is why the USB connection option isn't even available by default without enabling additional settings. There are also instructions on how to connect over USB using the companion app under the help menu - did you go through those instructions? You have to install specialized drivers, and if someone hasn't set up the properties for your particular device with the Universal ADB drivers, then you'd have to figure out the correct values and modify the configuration for the drivers yourself. It's incredibly tedious to connect over USB, because Google considers it a security risk and won't allow raw data to be sent over USB. So the only way to send data over USB is to use developer tools to get around these limitations, which requires enabling things like USB debugging in the device settings.

Mike
(04-09-2024, 09:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What exactly does "blah, blah, blah" error message mean? WiFi is the recommended type of connection to use, which is why the USB connection option isn't even available by default without enabling additional settings. There are also instructions on how to connect over USB using the companion app under the help menu - did you go through those instructions? You have to install specialized drivers, and if someone hasn't set up the properties for your particular device with the Universal ADB drivers, then you'd have to figure out the correct values and modify the configuration for the drivers yourself. It's incredibly tedious to connect over USB, because Google considers it a security risk and won't allow raw data to be sent over USB. So the only way to send data over USB is to use developer tools to get around these limitations, which requires enabling things like USB debugging in the device settings.

Mike

Hello and thank you for what you do to help us, that said yes the adb drivers are installed I have a question I have other adb drivers to flash my xiaomi tablet that are also installed would it be possible that it interferes? otherwise in wifi it works so we will not take the head.

Mic.
Yes, it's very possible those two drivers may conflict. In theory you should not have needed to install the universal adb drivers if you installed specific ones for the Xiaomi tablet. 

Mike