• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New library - how
Did the way to create a new library change?

The way it is described in the manual does not work for me. I don't see a '+' anywhere. only a list of the current libraries in the "Switch Library" dialog.

I am using MS 3.8.40 (the e-ink version) on a Boox Note 3.
I have the same version installed on my BOOX Max Lumi, and if I go to Settings->Library Settings->Switch Library, there is a big black plus icon at the top right of the screen. I may need to see a screenshot from your device if you don't see that, as I'm not sure how else to explain it. Please turn off any optimizations in the OS that could impact the visuals in MobileSheets (long press the MobileSheets icon on the home page, tap "Optimize" and turn off things like "Bold fonts").

Mike
Here is a screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please lower the DPI you are using for MobileSheets, as it is expanding the UI enough that it's being pushed off the screen. What DPI is currently selected? I will have to make some adjustments when the DPI is higher or the device screen is smaller. I had assumed a certain minimum width would be present on e-ink devices, but when the DPI is that high (or the device is smaller), that assumption no longer holds true. I personaly have only tested the e-ink device on the 13" devices from Onyx (BOOX Max 2 Pro, BOOX Max Lumi, BOOX Tab X), so I won't be able to notice when there are UI issues on the smaller models.

Mike
I finally received the 3.5.1 update on my Boox Tab Ultra C and updated MobileSheets to 3.8.40 
I can confirm the missing + button on the switch library screen with the default 450 dpi
Reducing the resolution to 400 dpi fixes it
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I should also add that the switch library screen should be scrollable, as the layout is within a scroll view. So if you slide the page to the left, you should hopefully have access to the button. I haven't tested this yet though.

Mike
Yes. My DPI setting was 350 and when I changed it to 300 it worked. I ca see the +. But the rest of the text in the app got a bit small. I will experiment with the largest number that will keep the + on the page.

I also tried the scrolling. It can scroll up and down, but no sliding to the left.
325 seems to be the best option.

Thanks for the help!
On my Boox Tab Ultra C 435 dpi still works, but the icons, especially the + button, become very very small compared to the text size, see screenshot.

Like Andreas I cannot scroll left or right. I didn't test scrolling up/down because I only have two libraries to switch between them. 

Even if scrolling left/right would work I would find it much too uninituitive as there's no hint that it is necessary to do that to search for further UI elements.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I've modified the code so that it dynamically determines what size to use for the list (with a maximum set so it doesn't get too large). This should work much better and will handle any DPI values.

Mike