• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improved Auto-Scrolling Experience
Hi, I have been using the auto-scroll feature quite a bit lately, and so I thought I would make a list of improvements.

1) It would be nice to have MobileSheets tell me when auto-scrolling turns off. There is an "on" notification but no "off".

2) When I hit a link point while auto-scrolling, it moves the screen so the link point is at the top of the page. For auto scrolling, it would be better if the link point was in the middle of the screen.

3) What would be cool (and worth paying extra for) is if I could select where the next scroll would stop throughout the score, and have this information embedded within the score. This would be especially nice if I was trying to use a smartphone to play music from.

4) In the same vein, if the scroller could be set to pan right, then scroll down and left, then pan right, typewriter fashion, it would also make small screen more viable.

My point is everyone has these high-powered smartphones in their pockets and they take them everywhere they go, and no one has really tried to optimize sheet music playback on them. I would be willing to pay extra for such small screen optimizations as 3 and 4, listed above. Maybe MobileSheets should try to sell a small screen optimized version?
(04-17-2024, 06:41 AM)Steven Wrote: Hi, I have been using the auto-scroll feature quite a bit lately, and so I thought I would make a list of improvements.

1) It would be nice to have MobileSheets tell me when auto-scrolling turns off. There is an "on" notification but no "off".

2) When I hit a link point while auto-scrolling, it moves the screen so the link point is at the top of the page. For auto scrolling, it would be better if the link point was in the middle of the screen.

3) What would be cool (and worth paying extra for) is if I could select where the next scroll would stop throughout the score, and have this information embedded within the score. This would be especially nice if I was trying to use a smartphone to play music from.

4) In the same vein, if the scroller could be set to pan right, then scroll down and left, then pan right, typewriter fashion, it would also make small screen more viable.

My point is everyone has these high-powered smartphones in their pockets and they take them everywhere they go, and no one has really tried to optimize sheet music playback on them. I would be willing to pay extra for such small screen optimizations as 3 and 4, listed above. Maybe MobileSheets should try to sell a small screen optimized version?

this also my suggustion for 1) - see link
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...11140.html
Based on other feedback I've received (I think I discussed it on the forums), I'm going to add an indicator to show when automatic scrolling is active, as users have asked for this. The absence of this indicator would then tell you that automatic scrolling has stopped. I think this is sufficient as the indicator will solve both problems.

I'll consider the other suggestions when I have time to work on them (it may be a while due to the large number of feature requests I have to work through). I don't plan to make a small screen optimized version as I don't think it would be profitable enough to warrant the large amount of work required and it would then require that I maintain yet another separate version. I would rather add the necessary features to the current app.

Mike