• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing files
Hello! 
I'm loving using Mobile Sheets for my string quartet. We have leader/follower set up and it's all working very smoothly indeed. 

I arrange my own music for the quartet, and often I release a tweaked version of the arrangement and ask the players to import it. I keep the file name exactly the same as previously as I want it to replace the original version. 

This normally works, but sometimes the new file name is added as a duplicate instead of replacing the original file. This is despite the file name being exactly the same (I am very meticulous about that as I want leader/follower to work.) 

So, we now have several incidences of 2 versions of the same arrangement (one original and one with the tweaks) 

Is there a way to ensure the file overrides the original file (otherwise, my players will all need to manually delete the old one each time) 

All help appreciated. 

Also..... any news of when isolating the libraries storage will happen as this will really help us for players who have multiple instrument parts to still be able to use leader follower.
If a duplicate is created, it means MobileSheets looked for the location to copy the file (based on the generated song title) and found no existing file there, so there was no conflict/reason to update an existing song. This could happen for various reasons:

1) If Settings->Storage->Create Subdirectory per Song is enabled and the song was renamed (which renames the directory for the song)
2) If Settings->Storage->Create Subdirectory per Song was initially enabled but now is disabled, which has effectively eliminated the ability to update your songs by reimporting files

If #2 is the problem (which you can determine by checking the settings and the storage location folder), you can backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, then just restore your library using that backup file. It will reset the storage location and ensure the "Create Subdirectory per Song" setting is used for all the songs. Then you should have no problems reimporting files to update existing songs.

As far as the library storage isolation, I'm doing my best to try to work through the very large list of customer support requests, bug reports, feature requests, etc so I can start working on it. I'm currently trying to get enough time to work and finish the promised chord pro features, but it has not been easy, as I keep getting sidetracked with customer support and addressing various issues across all three platforms. It's the unfortunate reality of being a single developer trying to juggle everything while still providing timely customer support.

Mike