• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import PDF: Title not set (only new Song)
Yesterday I imported a lot of pdf files. For some files the import directory contained mp3 filtes with the same name.
I watched a strange behavior where I'm not shure if I had a wrong setting.

1. Importing PDF with second (equal name) mp3
The PDF was imported and the mp3 found. But there wer additionally imported some mp3 files with other names, where one word of the filename fits.
Example:  Title -> "What is Love" 
When importing, the mp3 "What Is Love" was found but the status screen showed, that other mp3 files with the containing word "Love" were importet.

2. Importing PDF
Some file run correct an the pdf name was setup as title.
Some files showed only "new song" as title after beeing imported. Independent, which option for title recognition I had setup.

Is there something in the files (encoding ...) which can force this behavior?

System: Files on Dropbox
iPad Pro 5. Gen
iOS 17.4.1
Import via dropbox
MobileSheets 3.8.44

Maybe there was an update in between my work - yesterday I saw an message about changelog on 3.8.44.
But the behavior I describes was same before and after showing this message.

If there is a logfile created, I would provide it, if you let me know how Smile

Tx for help
Klaus
Klaus,

I can't reproduce what you've described. I set up the following test:

1) Uploaded a file called "01 - Stay Awake.pdf" to Dropbox
2) Uploaded an audio file called "01 - Stay Awake.mp3"
3) Uploaded an audio file called "Awake.mp3"
4) Enable the option to "Automatically Add Matching Audio"
5) I imported the PDF off Dropbox and it added the first mp3  but not the second

So it's working exactly like I would expect. I'm going to need you to share example files that cause a problem with mike@zubersoft.com along with any other relevant instructions.

As far as PDF names, it depends on your selection for the Title dropdown on the Import Settings dialog. If it's set to "Guess Title from Filename", then MobileSheets uses the filename of the file but removes underscores and makes a few other changes. If it's set to "Use Filename As Title". MobileSheets will never change the title to something else unless you import just a single file and specify a different title on the Import Settings dialog. The only exception to this is when importing text or chord pro files, as MobileSheets will use the title in the file instead of the filename. File encoding has no influence on any of this behavior.

Thanks,
Mike
Could there be a Problem, when having such a filename structure?
Code:
1000 Träume weit (Tornero)Anna Maria Zimmermann.pdf
I definitely used the option "Use Filename" but the Song had the title "new Song".

Im getting stupid Smile
That is very strange... That filename seems fine. I'll go through the code and run a few tests to see if I can find anything.

Thanks,
Mike