• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private layer
I play the violin in an orchestra which is looking into using tablets for our music library. It is very useful for all violinists to share an annotation layer with bowings. This layer will often be modified by the concertmaster during rehearsal. I understand this can be easily accomplished by synchronizing libraries. However, it is also common for each player to have their own annotations (e.g. fingerings, reminders) which are useful for the player, but unwanted by other players.

Is there any way to satisfy this need with existing features? I can envision a feature where a layer could be marked private. Then, when doing a one-way library sync from the shared location, that layer could be preserved locally even if it did not exist in the shared location. I understand this would only be meaningful if the base image (pdf) were unchanged.

Thanks for your suggestions.
This has come up in the past and it's something I want to address when I have time. I agree that it will be useful to be able to have a concept of private layers, or a way of indicating what layers should be synchronized (this assumes the same layer name is used across all scores though). As far as your question, users can turn off the visibility of specific layers, so you would either need to have users turn off the visibility of the layers they don't want, or you'd have to choose not to synchronize annotations at the moment.

Mike