• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typing (chord) symbols
I'm trying to annotate an pdf chart with the chord changes above the bars using add text.
Works great until I want to get a special symbol like dim/half-dim circles.
Any way to do that on windows?
No luck with alt esc sequence or copy/paste from another source.
If the font in MobileSheets doesn't support the unicode character you are trying to insert, that would be a problem. It might be best to use a custom stamp in these scenarios (tap the stamp tool twice to view the window, go to the User category and tap + to select a .svg or image file).

Mike
(05-12-2024, 06:11 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If the font in MobileSheets doesn't support the unicode character you are trying to insert, that would be a problem. It might be best to use a custom stamp in these scenarios (tap the stamp tool twice to view the window, go to the User category and tap + to select a .svg or image file).

Mike

I'm (unimaginatively) using the "System Default" font, which I assume is a Mobile Sheets defined font, not a Windows defined font.
Do you know if any of the other font choices support unicode? (none of the names screamed "try me").
Thanks for the quick response!
wrong question
it's not about "does a font support unicode" but "what font is 'system default' " and "does that font contain glyph xy"
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

The system default is Roboto. In order to ensure annotations can transfer seamlessly between Android, Windows and iOS, I only support fonts that I package with MobileSheets itself. I don't allow fonts in the OS to be selected, as that would then create an incompatability between platforms.

Mike
Here's a discussion about the diminished and half-diminished symbols:
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forums/topi...im-symbol/

User "I got the Sheets" seems to be looking for
ø = Latin Small Letter O With Stroke = U+00F8
Ø = Latin Capital Letter O With Stroke = U+00D8
For diminished chords I usually take the ° character = Degree Sign = U+00B0

Better and faster methods might exist to input these characters, but for checking if a font contains a certain unicode character the Windows character map (Zeichentabelle) is a pragmatic solution.
All the mentioned symbols are available in Roboto:

@Mike: would you mind mentioning also the fonts that you include into MobileSheets to be used for the other font options?

Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

Sure - I spoke a little inaccurately about one thing that I should clear up though. On Windows and iOS, System Default is Roboto. On Android, it can be Roboto or Google Sans depending on the Android OS version and the font the manufacturer chose as the default.

Monospace = Droid Sans Mono 
Sans Serif = Roboto
Serif = NotoSerif
Light = Roboto-Light
Condensed = RobotoCondensed
Condensed Light = RobotoCondensed-Light
Thin = Roboto-Thin
Medium = Roboto-Medium
Black = Roboto-Black
Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot.