• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music page display color
I'm still a newcomer so I don't know if it's been suggested......

I would love to see a color adjustment for the sheet music itself. Right now the light from the white sheet music reflects aff of me like a harsh fluorescent light would if it were a traditional music stand with a light clip on the top edge.
I would like a more traditional incandescent glow from my large 22" display, such as a traditional music stand light creates....instead of a bright white fluorescent light illuminating me. I think this could be achieved by a yellowish or parchment colored page display....?
Agreed, the standard display is way too bright, even with the display brightness reduced. However, that's a function of the display itself, rather than MS.

For 95% of the time, I find it better to use the reverse colour display - gives you white on a black background - which you can select in the menu Options | Display Settings | Night Mode. I have a request in to Mike to make this display change to be directly accessible, so that it can be switched immediately from the main display, if required.

Here's a thought. Use standard mode and try a piece of lighting gel over the screen to give you the required background colour.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The gel might do it if no other settings available. I already tried the reverse (photo negative) setting. It's kinda un-natural feeling. Also, I do like some light illuminating my guitar in low light settings, but preferably a warm ambiance. I still have the option of using my Hamilton music stand light too but it's also added equipment to set up.
I'm working on adding some options to change the background color of the sheet music. I will have a couple of standard options, with the ability for users to select their own color if needed. Hopefully this can be used to achieve what you are looking for.

I'll make sure the night mode toggle is accessible from the overlay.

Mike
(04-30-2014, 02:03 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'll make sure the night mode toggle is accessible from the overlay.

Ahh, but when in performance mode, the overlay is not accessible - or have I misunderstood something here?

What I really wanted was a way to change it 'on the fly' during a performance. Much depends on the ambient lighting conditions, which makes it difficult to predict the required mode accurately.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I'm adding something new where you can tap the bottom right (whether in performance mode or not), and some buttons will be revealed which can be used to activate features such as the metronome, audio player, auto scrolling, or display settings.

Mike
(05-01-2014, 07:55 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm adding something new where you can tap the bottom right (whether in performance mode or not), and some buttons will be revealed which can be used to activate features such as the metronome, audio player, auto scrolling, or display settings.

That sounds good to me Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here