• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couple of questions...
Hi all, brand new user here and I just wanted get a couple of answers..

First, how can I stop the "START OF SONG" that pops up with any file that gets loaded? I find it rather annoying..

Second, how can I stop the box that appears from the right popping up all the time...I understand why it does, but sometimes when turning a page I accidentally touch the arrow and it opens...

I want to simply assign setlists manually, I don't want the program to promt me ALL the time...

Oh and how do I get rid of the bar tha pops up at the bottom that says "Pages: " then a little bullseye symbol and on the far right two numbers separated by a slash

Thanks
Go to options and set your choices for display and misc options.
(09-15-2012, 07:46 AM)gman Wrote: Go to options and set your choices for display and misc options.

Thanks, did that but I cannot find an option to disable the "Pull Out Bar" ?

And the disable the bottom Page bar and Zoom bar does not work...Everytime I tap the middle of the page to go back to the song list and select a new song it keeps coming up!

I want it disabled permanently!!!!
There is a Performance mode option. Turn this on. It disables the overlay.
(09-15-2012, 09:45 AM)bumblebee Wrote: There is a Performance mode option. Turn this on. It disables the overlay.

Thanks, but doesn't this then also disable the song list selection panel? Or will it still pop up with a centre tap?
Oh, I think I understand what you are doing... from the setlist, load all, then using the overlay-setlist to choose the song? and you are annoyed about the page slider, zoom etc. below?
I use Load all if the setlist is in order of the songs, then you can just page turn through the complete performance.
If not, (the setlist is just what you can play but not necessarily in the order of play) I do not Load all, I just use the setlist list of songs as the index, tap on the song to perform, the android Back button to return to the setlist list again. Doing this, checking Performance mode turns off the overlay.
pax_eterna,

Just to follow up on what's been said, I think you may not fully understand how things have been set up. When you load a song, there is an overlay (the title at the top, the page slider, the zoom, the buttons at the bottom right and the sliding window that pops out) that is accessible when you tap the center of the screen. To hide this overlay, you just tap the center of the screen again. Performance mode disables the overlay entirely. It sounds like you've been leaving the overlay up and trying to turn pages, which popped out the side window. I would advise that you leave the overlay hidden while performing.

As a side note, that sliding window on the side is going to be removed at some point, and I will replace all of the contents with popup windows that the buttons at the bottom right trigger. This would allow you to leave the overlay up without triggering anything if you so choose.

Also, the only reason you would see the "Start of Song" message is if you tap the left side of the screen after the song is loaded. It's showing you that message because you are on the first page, and tapping the left side of the screen would try to turn back one page. Let me know if you have more questions, or have a feature request.

Mike
Thanks guys for all your help here. I appreciate it. I am coming from an iPad and an app called Unrealbook which is probably the pinnacle of PDF chart readers on the iPad platform. So I am getting to terms with both Mobile Sheets AND Android!!

FWIW, I think the move to remove the sliding window on the side Mike, is a good one! It seems like a good app so far, so I just need to apply some of the things written here and get practice in using it Smile

Cheers
Dennis
(09-16-2012, 03:17 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: Thanks guys for all your help here. I appreciate it. I am coming from an iPad and an app called Unrealbook which is probably the pinnacle of PDF chart readers on the iPad platform. So I am getting to terms with both Mobile Sheets AND Android!!

FWIW, I think the move to remove the sliding window on the side Mike, is a good one! It seems like a good app so far, so I just need to apply some of the things written here and get practice in using it Smile

Cheers
Dennis

I have been trying this performance mode, and I am finding that it is not really satisfactory for what I want - and when I turn it off it goes back to that annoying (for me) bar across the the lower part of the screen with the little bullseye logo in it and says pages!!

Also as most of my charts (99%) are one page only , I wish there were a way to turn of the first page/last page notifications!!!..

Otherwise it is not too bad..not quite up to Unrealbook on the iPad, but it is pretty much all there is for Android so I will have to learn how to deal with it I suppose..

Thanks
I'm still not sure why you are leaving the overlay up while you are playing pax_eterna. If you just tap the center of the screen, it will stay hidden until you tap the center of the screen again. If you insist on keeping it visible for some reason, I can add a setting that will disable the page slider. That bullseye thing you are talking about is the standard visualization for a slider bar. Any application that uses a slider that isn't custom will look like that.

I can add a setting to disable the start page/end page notifications as well. You would only see these if you continually tap the sides of the screen, so I'm not sure why that's a problem for you if you only have one song. Perhaps you are holding the tablet with one hand with your thumb on one side while you load the song.

Unrealbook has been in development a lot longer than MobileSheets, and I think I'm gaining ground quickly. If your only complaints so far are the page slider bar and the notifications, I think that's a pretty good sign. If you have other requests, please feel free to provide input. I'm constantly improving and adding to the app, so if there are things you don't like, they can be fixed.

Mike
(09-29-2012, 11:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm still not sure why you are leaving the overlay up while you are playing pax_eterna. If you just tap the center of the screen, it will stay hidden until you tap the center of the screen again. If you insist on keeping it visible for some reason, I can add a setting that will disable the page slider. That bullseye thing you are talking about is the standard visualization for a slider bar. Any application that uses a slider that isn't custom will look like that.

I can add a setting to disable the start page/end page notifications as well. You would only see these if you continually tap the sides of the screen, so I'm not sure why that's a problem for you if you only have one song. Perhaps you are holding the tablet with one hand with your thumb on one side while you load the song.

Unrealbook has been in development a lot longer than MobileSheets, and I think I'm gaining ground quickly. If your only complaints so far are the page slider bar and the notifications, I think that's a pretty good sign. If you have other requests, please feel free to provide input. I'm constantly improving and adding to the app, so if there are things you don't like, they can be fixed.

Mike

Thanks Mike...

I use it on a stand so it is a single finger press (or an Airturn footpedal)

That bar along the bottom seems to be fixed!!! I cannot find an option to remove it..

Basically all I have done so far is load up my pdf's to the internal storage using Mobile Sheets Companion (by the way I am using an Acer A200 and I cannot find where Mobile actually stores the PDF's when using the Acer via the USB connection????)

I am just using it in a very limited way at present with no setlists or custom lists prepared as yet, as I am trying ot get my head around hwo to set it up the way I want...

The sliding bar at the right would be nice to disable and is no biggie really, but those advices telling me it is the first page and last page, when the pdf only has one page!!! is annoying...and that bar on the bottom - I really dislike, sorry, not meaning to be rude but just saying..

As I said the only way I can find to actually disable it totally is to run in Perf mode, and I would prefer not to be in that mode unless at a gig..

Mobile Sheets IS a great app - and I agree it is close to the stage of development that UB is at - ( just some midi file integration and it would be perfect ;-) ) but until Android include core midi like Apple do, that ain't gonna happen!!!

Dennis

Mike I just found the option for double tap on the overlay (took me long enough!!!) - it works okay so that one is fine I think Smile

Seems I was tapping to far to the right, as when I tap off centre to the left the sliding screen from the right does not seem to appear Smile So another one down - now to remove the first page/last page...that is the last one ...

Dennis
(09-29-2012, 12:09 PM)pax_eterna Wrote: Basically all I have done so far is load up my pdf's to the internal storage using Mobile Sheets Companion (by the way I am using an Acer A200 and I cannot find where Mobile actually stores the PDF's when using the Acer via the USB connection????)

I am just using it in a very limited way at present with no setlists or custom lists prepared as yet, as I am trying ot get my head around hwo to set it up the way I want...

There are three memory storage areas MS uses. The internal one is hidden from users so this probably why you cannot find where it goes to once it is imported. When you set up the song there are the 3 options as to where to store the file, presumably you know about this, as you have said it is internal.

If you want to, let us know a little of your sheet music, practice and live playing and we might be able to give you suggestions as to how to set up your songs. The main idea is to work out how you find (or would want to find) your music - by composer, title, opus number, genre (rock, bossa) etc. Album is often useful for publication or publisher (good for classical for instance where you might have the same piece by different publishers.) Once you think about this, it might be easier to work out how you want to use collections etc. If it is jazz or pop songs, then probably by title and genre is good (thinking you want a ballad played next, you can search under ballads etc.)
Setlists are useful for concerts and gigs, but can also be used for practice schedules (scales, articulation exercises etc.) as 'songs' can be added, discarded when finished etc.

- I have never been able to get Airturn working on my A200. Have you had success? It lists in bluetooth, but just does not activate the page turning. I have tried the 4 different modes on the unit (it works on my iPad so I know it works there.) Also there are the Options in MS but none of them seem to work with the pedals. A bluetooth keyboard works however. I should have another look at it.

Best wishes.
Why is this data hidden? I can see no value in that!!!

I would like to see an upgrade to "unhide" this..or is it because being hidden means users are forced to use the companion app on the PC? Although as this app is free, I can see no "purpose" behind hiding data. Not meaning any insult here, just curious is all...
(09-30-2012, 01:39 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: ...I can see no "purpose" behind hiding data. Not meaning any insult here, just curious is all...

Android provides different areas for an app to store its data. For instance for a game, the user does not need access to its sounds, graphics, user attained levels etc. other than from within the game.
MS gives you the choice. Internal, no user access, where all your interaction with the song files (and audio) is through its interface. It means you cannot inadvertently delete or rename a file behind the scenes. If you do this, MS will probably error when you want to view the song because it does not know what you have done.
When you create a new song or use the companion app or batch import, you can specify which storage area you want MS to store that song's data - page files, audio. Besides internal, you can select SD card which, although is still your tablet's internal memory, the OS provides you access to it (via a file manager for instance.)
Many tablets have external SD cards (like yours) so you can store songs there also (this saves your tablet's memory if you require it for other apps.) This needs to be set up in Options initially so MS knows how to find it in your specific tablet, but once this is done, you will be given this option when you create the song.
I use SD card generally. I use a file manager to name and organize the files, especially audio, where it resides in the same folder as the song it refers to (if I need to give it to someone else it is all in the one folder.) Then create the song leaving the files in the original location (it does not need to copy it anywhere, just reference them.)

I hope this helps
Smile
(09-30-2012, 05:47 AM)bumblebee Wrote:
(09-30-2012, 01:39 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: ...I can see no "purpose" behind hiding data. Not meaning any insult here, just curious is all...

Android provides different areas for an app to store its data. For instance for a game, the user does not need access to its sounds, graphics, user attained levels etc. other than from within the game.
MS gives you the choice. Internal, no user access, where all your interaction with the song files (and audio) is through its interface. It means you cannot inadvertently delete or rename a file behind the scenes. If you do this, MS will probably error when you want to view the song because it does not know what you have done.
When you create a new song or use the companion app or batch import, you can specify which storage area you want MS to store that song's data - page files, audio. Besides internal, you can select SD card which, although is still your tablet's internal memory, the OS provides you access to it (via a file manager for instance.)
Many tablets have external SD cards (like yours) so you can store songs there also (this saves your tablet's memory if you require it for other apps.) This needs to be set up in Options initially so MS knows how to find it in your specific tablet, but once this is done, you will be given this option when you create the song.
I use SD card generally. I use a file manager to name and organize the files, especially audio, where it resides in the same folder as the song it refers to (if I need to give it to someone else it is all in the one folder.) Then create the song leaving the files in the original location (it does not need to copy it anywhere, just reference them.)

I hope this helps
Smile

Yeah, thanks - okay I guess that makes sense. I was only really going to use the sdhc card once the internal storage got full! The MS Companion app is quite easy to use, just wish it would work via the USB instead of wireless - would make it quicker!

D