• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User looking for cheap tablet
Hi All,

I have a Kindle Fire HD that I've been using the Free version of MobileSheets on and I really like it. However, as you all probably know, the 7" screen is a bit too small for anything other than Chord Sheets.

I thought I might us an IPad (with other software), but I don't have the money to purchase an IPad, so I believe I want to stick with a cheap android tablet. I was hoping to stay under $150 if possible. Most of the music I will be using will be in PDF format and I will probably, at some point, want to get a bluetooth pedal (I'm a guitarist).

So, are there any cheap android tablets with bluetooth you would suggest? Any to stay away from?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Peace!
For trying out MS I used several cheap 7" inch models and they worked fine. You are basically giving up screen quality, memory and processing, speed. I use a Asus 300 which is on sale under $300 and it is excellent. It has 32 gig, quad core and a fabulous screen.
I wouldn't recommend any tablets under $200. I had one to try out mobilesheets on, which was fine, but I would never use it for a gig. The screens wont be sensitive enough to register taps, the processor wont be fast enough, and I hate to think how flaky the bluetooth might be!

As Gman suggests, the Asus TF300 really is great (also what I use now).
(11-30-2012, 09:02 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: I wouldn't recommend any tablets under $200. I had one to try out mobilesheets on, which was fine, but I would never use it for a gig. The screens wont be sensitive enough to register taps, the processor wont be fast enough, and I hate to think how flaky the bluetooth might be!

As Gman suggests, the Asus TF300 really is great (also what I use now).

I'm going to use my ainol novo 10 hero for the first time on boxing day, I've been testing it out for about a week and its running very well. Gonna take my paper pad as backup but this will be its first public run. The tab was 180 dollars from china... I changed the ROM to cyanogenmod too. Not exactly user friendly but there's good support for it on slatedroid forums . I'll probably make a post about it after :-)