• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
First of all: Congrats on one of the best Android apps available in the Play Store! I missed the upgrade-price window because life happened exactly around the release-time (was following the forum daily before that, but somehow missed the release until yesterday), but even at "full price" this new app is more than worth it and I bought it without even thinking about it. So still: Kudos to Zuberman!

And now for my real question: I know this will probably come across as ungrateful for all the work you've put in already, but is there a rough ETA for the Windows 8 version of MobileSheetsPro? I've been using MobileSheets(Pro) on a small Android-tablet (Motorola Xoom 8.2") for some years, but the tablet is starting to age (general slowness, diminishing battery life) and my eyes are starting to degrade as well. Hence a bigger screen is needed. Last year I bought an Asus T100 (Windows 8 tablet + dock) as note-taking tool for teaching, and I've since started using that for displaying sheet-music during concerts as well. It works pretty well with the Adobe Reader app (even with bluetooth pedal-support!), but there is no easy way to make annotations on PDF's. The only app on Windows 8 that supports this is Xodo Documents, but it's pretty cumbersome and it suffers where it counts, in the page-turning department.

Long story short: I'd love to use MobileSheetsPro on my Asus T100. I already use that tablet for every other thing imaginable, so I'm not really looking to buy another Android-tablet just for MobileSheetsPro if I can avoid it. It would be nice to have a rough estimate. Are we looking at the same development time it took for MobileSheetsPro (e.g. years), or is the port to Windows 8/10 going to be pretty straightforward (e.g. months)? Not trying to rush you, just trying to estimate if it would be worth it to buy another Android-tablet in the interim. Because that's how much using MobileSheetsPro is worth to me ;-)

Side-question: Would you include support for the Surface-pen? That would probably make me insta-buy a Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3. Although maybe by the time the Windows 8-version comes around, the Surface 4 might already be among us. Here's to progress!

PS Just to prove how much I love using MobileSheets(Pro): I tried running it on the Asus T100 through the Bluestacks Android-software (paid for it!). Worked pretty well, but the bluetooth-performance (page-turning with pedals) was too erratic to be used reliably in concerts.
(04-28-2015, 05:59 PM)darkjeric Wrote: ...is there a rough ETA for the Windows 8 version of MobileSheetsPro? 
Side-question: Would you include support for the Surface-pen? That would probably make me insta-buy a Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3. Although maybe by the time the Windows 8-version comes around, the Surface 4 might already be among us. Here's to progress!

PS Just to prove how much I love using MobileSheets(Pro): I tried running it on the Asus T100 through the Bluestacks Android-software (paid for it!). Worked pretty well, but the bluetooth-performance (page-turning with pedals) was too erratic to be used reliably in concerts.

Did you see this thread?
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=1100
You might be able to try DuOS instead of BlueStacks until the Windows 8 (10?) version of MS is released.
(04-28-2015, 06:43 PM)bumblebee Wrote: Did you see this thread?

http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=1100
You might be able to try DuOS instead of BlueStacks until the Windows 8 (10?) version of MS is released.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and report back! DuOS does look promising :-)

The VirtualBox-route was a no-go, the Asus T100 only has an Atom Z3775 which is fine for basic stuff like webbrowsing or Office-work (even a little audio- or image-editing stuff), but it lacks the horsepower to pull off real emulation. Also, the 2Gb of RAM is very limiting...
(04-28-2015, 05:59 PM)darkjeric Wrote: 1 - ........ the tablet is starting to age (general slowness, diminishing battery life) and my eyes are starting to degrade as well. Hence a bigger screen is needed.

2 - Last year I bought an Asus T100 (Windows 8 tablet + dock) as note-taking tool for teaching, and I've since started using that for displaying sheet-music during concerts as well. It works pretty well with the Adobe Reader app (even with bluetooth pedal-support!), but there is no easy way to make annotations on PDF's.

3 - PS Just to prove how much I love using MobileSheets(Pro): I tried running it on the Asus T100 through the Bluestacks Android-software (paid for it!). Worked pretty well, but the bluetooth-performance (page-turning with pedals) was too erratic to be used reliably in concerts.

1 - Couple of alternatives here.  Obviously, buy a bigger tablet Smile. Less obviously, a monitor of suitable size, with HDMI input. Replace the Motorola with a cheapo tablet  - as long as it has HDMI out it will be fine.

2 - You can legally download a free version of Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.  This runs under Windows 8 and allows you to annotate the PDF's.

3 - You've already been pointed towards DuOS - that works pretty well on a fast Windows machine.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(04-28-2015, 09:27 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: 2 - You can legally download a free version of Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.  This runs under Windows 8 and allows you to annotate the PDF's.

3 - You've already been pointed towards DuOS - that works pretty well on a fast Windows machine.

1) That's what I'm trying to avoid, the Asus T100 is big enough for now and serves every other need I have of a tablet Some stuff even better than an Android-tablet ever could! The monitor-solution is not really viable, as I want to use the tablet for sheet music while teaching and during rehearsals and concerts. Lugging a monitor that needs external power everywhere is a lot more hassle than just bringing my usual 15-16 books of sheet music :-)

2) I know, I use Acrobat Pro DC on my desktop-computer which is the latest version. But it really isn't made for touchscreen use. It's really awkward without a mouse on Windows, and the annotations really aren't as easy to use as they are on MobileSheetsPro.

3) Trying DuOS right now. It's certainly snappier than the other solutions I've tried, but looking at battery life I can already tell it drains faster than usual. How much exactly I can't tell yet, I've just been playing around with it for about an hour. And the Asus T100 hardly qualifies as a 'fast' Windows machine of course :-)
(04-28-2015, 10:43 PM)darkjeric Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 09:27 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: 2 - You can legally download a free version of Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.  This runs under Windows 8 and allows you to annotate the PDF's.

1) That's what I'm trying to avoid, the Asus T100 is big enough for now and serves every other need I have of a tablet Some stuff even better than an Android-tablet ever could! The monitor-solution is not really viable, as I want to use the tablet for sheet music while teaching and during rehearsals and concerts. Lugging a monitor that needs external power everywhere is a lot more hassle than just bringing my usual 15-16 books of sheet music :-)

2) I know, I use  Acrobat Pro DC on my desktop-computer which is the latest version. But it really isn't made for touchscreen use. It's really awkward without a mouse on Windows, and the annotations really aren't as easy to use as they are on MobileSheetsPro.

3) Trying DuOS right now. It's certainly snappier than the other solutions I've tried, but looking at battery life I can already tell it drains faster than usual. How much exactly I can't tell yet, I've just been playing around with it for about an hour. And the Asus T100 hardly qualifies as a 'fast' Windows machine of course :-)

If you only problem is blue tooth page turning, you could move to a USB pedal, like the Billpro (as well as lots of even less expensive options).  I had problems with the bluetooth pedals and I am happy with the Billiipro.