• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapping files
I'm having a little problem using the SWAP command for PDF files. As far as I can determine the files are swapped correctly (names change in the song editor) but if the replacement file has more pages than the original then the page count is not increased and the extra pages do not display. Any suggestions appreciated.
Tom,

That's actually how it is currently designed. The reason being is this: when the song is created, it is assigned a page ordering. By default, this page ordering is all of the pages of the PDF. When a new PDF is swapped in place, I just use whatever page ordering was set in the song, so that I'm not changing what pages are used from the PDF (the assumption is that you are swapping in a newer version of the same PDF, not a different PDF).

Having said that, I want to get feedback from people. If the song is set up to use all pages from its PDF, and you swap in a PDF with a different number of pages, should I just assume you want to use all pages from the new PDF? This makes sense to me. It would basically mean that the only time I preserve the page ordering is if it's not set to use all pages (1-max page).

Thanks,
Mike
I went ahead and implemented the proposed change above and it seems to work great. Unless I hear differently from people, that will be the new behavior.
Thanks Mike for your incredibly fast action.

Yes, I do want to use all pages in the new PDF. The background is that I have been building up (a few at a time) a collection of piano pieces by a particular classical composer and adding more pieces to the PDF file from time to time to make a programme. At each stage I want to swap the earlier PDF file in MobilesheetsPro with the latest augmented one and bring the database up to date. What you are proposing will clearly let me do that and be of great help. Will the old bookmarks and links be preserved?

Many thanks.

Tom
Yes, the old bookmarks will absolutely be preserved.