• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Keyboard missing again?
Virtual Keyboard missing when selecting text box.
I read that this was a problem before, though someone said it was fixed.
Am I doing something wrong?
Do you have a bluetooth pedal connected? If so, you have to follow the directions in this thread to enable the virtual keyboard while the pedal is connected: http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...487&page=2

Mike
(05-31-2015, 03:59 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you have a bluetooth pedal connected? If so, you have to follow the directions in this thread to enable the virtual keyboard while the pedal is connected: http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...487&page=2

Mike
Thanks, Mike, I'd already read that thread many times, but it didn't apply as I don't have a bluetooth pedal connected (seeing as it won't be delivered until tomorrow ;-)

However, I did disconnect the USB external keyboard and rebooted, which solved the problem...  but I must also add that I turned off bluetooth on my mobile phone, iPhone, and bluetooth stylus that were close by before I rebooted. So it might have a bluetooth thing.
When I have more time, I'll do a one for one check.
A USB keyboard would also cause the same issue.
Hello all,

My Galaxy Note Pro running Android 4.4.2 has never been able to solve the missing software keyboard issue despite all the advice from contributors. Mike's suggestions of installing a custom ROM etc is something I decided to avoid and instead have dusted off the Bluetooth hardware keyboard I used to use with a different tablet. It paired immediately alongside the Airturn Ped and functions perfectly. It may be an extra thing to carry around but to be honest I prefer the speed of typing on a hardware keyboard anyway and as a gigging musician with gazillions of bits and pieces of kit it's hardly an inconvenience to slip the tiny keyboard into a spare pocket of my rucksack. All good!

Martin.