• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.1.8 Chordpro import problem
I don't usually use charts in this format, but I was presented with a whole bunch of them by a singer and thought I might save a lot of tme through not having to search out proper music charts.

However, for some reason, I can't import them into my tablet.  Using Companion, I get an error message for each file, similar to the attached picture.

These files were given to me as .txt and I renamed them to .cho (I also tried renaming to other known Chordpro extents, but the result was the same).

Can anyone more experienced with this format throw some light on the problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Looks like a bug that should be fixed in the next update. I'm getting pretty close to having it done. I'm hoping one more round of testing will be all that is needed.
(10-15-2015, 01:55 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I don't usually use charts in this format, but I was presented with a whole bunch of them by a singer and thought I might save a lot of tme through not having to search out proper music charts.

However, for some reason, I can't import them into my tablet.  Using Companion, I get an error message for each file, similar to the attached picture.

These files were given to me as .txt and I renamed them to .cho (I also tried renaming to other known Chordpro extents, but the result was the same).

Can anyone more experienced with this format throw some light on the problem?

can you import them on the tablet OK? Just wondering because if it's a Companion problem you may be able to work around it by importing them directly on the tablet? (via Google Drive, DropBox or some such)
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
DTownSMR: Yes - that was my next trick. They import fine via Dropbox, so it looks like a Companion bug.

Mike: See above Smile .

I'll just use dropbox unitil this is sorted.

Thanks guys.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here