• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion app: Column that displays mp3 file name if song is attached
It would be super handy to have a column in the companion app, that will tell me whether a sheet music file has an mp3 attached to it, and if so, display the file/mp3 name of that song in the column. 

Reason; currently when I create new setlist, I add songs that I haven't done for a while, and I can't remember if I have attached an mp3 audio to the file or not, so I have to right click to and edit audio to find out. 

Cheers
(11-01-2015, 05:13 PM)nzlotrfa Wrote: Reason; currently when I create new setlist, I add songs that I haven't done for a while, and I can't remember if I have attached an mp3 audio to the file or not, so I have to right click to and edit audio to find out. 

Although I agree it might be a useful addition, you can already tell if there is a music file associated with any particular chart by the presence of the tied note symbol on the right of the line. Personally, I compile a setlist first, then check if there are any audio files missing (on the assumption that I need one, not always the case).
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I can add an audio files column. That shouldn't be hard to do.
(11-01-2015, 11:05 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 05:13 PM)nzlotrfa Wrote: Reason; currently when I create new setlist, I add songs that I haven't done for a while, and I can't remember if I have attached an mp3 audio to the file or not, so I have to right click to and edit audio to find out. 

Although I agree it might be a useful addition, you can already tell if there is a music file associated with any particular chart by the presence of the tied note symbol on the right of the line. Personally, I compile a setlist first, then check if there are any audio files missing (on the assumption that I need one, not always the case).

Hi Graeme, I think you're tallking about on the app itself? If so, yes I'm aware you can tell on that. But I'm talking about using the companion app on my pc. I personally prefer to create my setlists on my PC rather than the tablet.
(11-02-2015, 03:35 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I can add an audio files column. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Zuberman that would be super.
(11-02-2015, 01:11 PM)nzlotrfan Wrote: Hi Graeme, I think you're tallking about on the app itself? If so, yes I'm aware you can tell on that. But I'm talking about using the companion app on my pc. I personally prefer to create my setlists on my PC rather than the tablet.

Yes, I was talking about the tablet.  I always put the setlists together on that  My only real use for Companion is backing up.  Still, it seems Mike is going to do what you asked for.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(11-02-2015, 01:11 PM)nzlotrfan Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 11:05 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:

Just to quickly say thanks Mike for implementing this feature. This will be a great help. Thanks for being so committed to your app.
You are most welcome. I'm committed both to the app and the great users that have come with it Smile