• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility
When I try to install MSPro on my Moto-G, Market refuses to do so since it is not compatible with this device.
What exactly are the requirements for compatibility?
The reason I want to run MSPro on the Moto-G is because I'd like to experiment with this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Castiv-Sidekick-Un...B003TGCC9E
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(11-13-2015, 04:25 AM)sciurius Wrote: When I try to install MSPro on my Moto-G, Market refuses to do so since it is not compatible with this device.
What exactly are the requirements for compatibility?
The reason I want to run MSPro on the Moto-G is because I'd like to experiment with this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Castiv-Sidekick-Un...B003TGCC9E
I have written Mike directly on this. I am in the same boat.

You can't run on a phone if you bought from Play although it is somewhat compatible. As a singer guitar player there are many times where I just want to use my phone. The original version non pro from Amazon will work. In portrait mode some of the icons don't display properly but works ok on my Galaxy S2 in landscape. My problem is that my old original database lacks many new additions since Pro.
I hope Mike will allow some format on a phone soon.
I am in the market for a new phone and knowing what is coming would be helpful. I will gladly pay for a phone version on Android or Windows 10. If a few more respond to this maybe Mike will bump this up. Love the program but need a backup database on phone for emergency use. My friends tablet just died... a phone backup would help. For pro players the cost of the software is not an issue!
MobileSheetsPro is compatible with all tablets in the large and x-large category. This roughly translates to 7" and larger tablets. My goal is to release a separate apk for phones under the same Google Play listing so that users who have already purchased it for their tablets can download it for their phones at no extra cost. The only thing holding me back is the time required to work on it. I have a lot of conflicting priorities at the moment as I'm trying to work on enhancing the Android version, developing the Windows 10 version and creating the phone version, and I'm not sure which is the most important. At the moment I'm just bouncing between them all as time allows (although I haven't made much progress on the phone version yet).

Google has more information on the supported screen sizes here: http://developer.android.com/guide/pract...pport.html

While Google has a lot of different options for supporting different screen sizes, Google Play itself only supports the basic screen size specifiers: small, medium, large and x-large. While I'm sure MobileSheetsPro can run on some higher-end medium devices, it certainly can't run on all medium devices. I've tried testing MS Pro on smaller medium devices and it wasn't even usable. I don't want to claim I support small devices and then get tons of negative feedback when it runs poorly on those devices.

Mike
When in doubt, follow the money. It may be more productive to get the android ver up to par [including ver 5 compatibility] without a lot of the marginal, nice to have, bells and whistles and then win 7/8.1/10 [which could open a whole new market], especially considering the scope win 10 is attempting cover. A phone version would be probably only be useful to a much smaller user base.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(11-13-2015, 11:08 AM)Skip Wrote: A phone version would be probably only be useful to a much smaller user base.

Definitely.

My goal would be to be able to just show chord diagrams, and I could use some other (PDF) viewer. Unforurtunately, most of these do not support the pedal Sad .
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).