• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Connection
With the latest version (1.5.4) and also on a couple of earlier versions, I can no longer connect to the PC automatically.

I used to be able to open Companion, fire up MSP on the tablet, press the 'connect to PC' icon and the two would link together.  This no longer happens. I have to read the IP address on the tablet and then enter it on the PC and connect manually.

I have a feeling this may be a result of upgrading the Windows machines to Windows 10 a couple of months ago, but I'm not certain about that.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Graeme,

That would indicate that Windows Firewall (or some other firewall) is blocking the broadcast messages. You don't see the popup window indicating a connection is available, right? If that's the case, you either will need to unblock MobileSheetsPro in Windows Firewall or figure out if you have another application like a virus scanner that is blocking the messages. In that case you need to add something to unblock port 8888 that I'm using for the broadcast message. If you've changed your router anytime recently, this is another thing to consider.

Mike
Hi Mike

Yes - I don't see a window when I initiate the link.  This is the same for all three tablets, so my assumption was that it has to be something on the PC.

I've been using the same router for years, so I think we can discount that.

I have Windows Direwall turned off and use Webroot - http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/ - for protection on all my Windows and Android devices.  I guess you are right and that is what is preventing access.  I'll have to investigate a little more and work out how to enable the port.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here