• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create new page from clipboard text?
Hi all. Apologies if I've missed a discussion or feature about this, but is it possible to create a new "file" (on the song edit page) as a text file from the clipboard?

I've been using Mobile Sheets for years (on a chromebook up until the iPad release) and I didn't even know text files were supported. Often all I want to do is copy/paste lyrics from the browser into Mobile Sheets, but it's a lot more steps to create a blank page, save the song so you can then go out and edit that new blank page, use the tools to paste the text in, tweak as needed, etc.

On an iPad, particularly in a jam or practice context, particularly with an instrument strapped on, it's just pretty cumbersome. Also, having just discovered the text file handling, the ability to easily resize (and have the text split into 2 pages automatically in landscape mode! awesome) is just better.

If there was a "Clipboard" option when adding a new file to a song, it'd make things SO much easier (and would avoid needing to hop over to another app to create a txt file only to then just go right back to Mobile Sheets).

I'm assuming I'm not the only one that'd find a feature like this awesome, but maybe I am Smile
Isn't that what you want?

Go to Song Tab
New
Pick the icon with the feather to create an empty txt (or cho file)
insert from clipboard
Oh my gosh. Yes. Using the app for years and never clicked the feather. Haha. Thanks so much Smile