• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK Google and Mobilesheets Pro
I used a Galaxy Tab A at a solo gig for the first time yesterday for streaming backing tracks.  It was connected to my PA via bluetooth.  I didn't know "OK Google" was turned on.  During the first set the Tab A was picking up something in the backing track and activating "OK Google".  Because there was no internet connection "OK Google" stopped the music and reported across the PA "There is no internet connection" in a bold female voice to the astonishment of the whole audience (and me).   Huh   

This happened a number of times and completely ruined the first set.  Angry

During an earlier than planned break I managed to suss out what was happening and fix it (phew).

Please make sure if you are using Google products on android (I don't know anything about IOS products) to stream backing tracks that "OK Google" is turned OFF

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Yes, albeit not with MSPro on a tablet, but with many presentation tools on PCs and laptops.
I consider it a good (even necessary) habit to disable virtually anything on the tablet when I use MSPro for a live performance.
Idealy, such a tablet would run MSPro in firmware, without anything else on it (especially no Google stuff). Unfortuantely, this is not possible (yet).
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Disabling everything sounds a good plan to me