• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two problems
(09-18-2016, 02:27 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm sorry to hear my changes in the latest update didn't fix the connection problem. Something must be stopping the broadcast packet that is sent out from the tablet.

I'm, 99.9% convinced it is a problem of my own and nothing to do with MSP.  I'll try having an in-depth look next week.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Did you resolve this connection problem? I'm having a similiar problem. Also have a galaxy note 12.2.
Luann
I just pushed out updates that reverts the changes. Hopefully you'll be able to connect again after getting the updates.
Still have no connection to the Samsung P900 - the eStar is OK with a manual connection. Can't check the Allwiiner, it's on loan to a friend.
Graeme

Some of my music here
If you download Samsung Kies 3 (http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/) you should be able to connect to the Samsung using the USB connection option, as this would bypass any networking issues. Are you willing to give that a shot?
I already have Kies 3 installed, but have never needed it.

I had a play around and got the tablet connected to the PC via USB. However, that was as far as it went, I couldn't get MSP to connect with Companion at all.

I've never needed to use USB to move stuff between the PC and tablet, but I do remember checking it a long time ago when in beta test (and that would have been with a different tablet altogether). As I remember, there was a menu entry in Companion that said something like 'connect via USB' - I don't see this on the current version? With USB cable connecting the two devices and with Companion open on the PC and MSP on the tablet, hitting the sync button results in the USB icon hghlighted in orange and a message on the tablet 'Waiting for connection to PC...' - but that's as far as it gets.

USB is only a possible work-around (and one I can't make work anyway). It's only recently this connection problem has arisen and nothing has changed here, other than a new router and that has already been eliminated as a possible cause. This seems to be peculiar to the Samsung, the backup tablet connects (manually) perfectly well.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I hid the USB connection option because I don't want most people to try and mess with it (due to the complexity of having proper drivers). You can enable the option under Settings->Enable Advanced Connection Options, and then under Connection you will find "Connect Using USB". Ensure that your tablet has USB Debugging enabled as well.
Aha - that explains a lot Smile . I'll have another go.
Graeme

Some of my music here
QUICK UPDATE:

Having found the hidden USB menu (never thought to look there) I connected the P900 and PC together with a USB cable and easily managed to link them for downloading, etc. Kies was totally unnecessary - they liked together without any additional drivers or stuff like that.

Having played round with this for an hour or so, including making a new backup, I disconnected the USB cable and tried the wifi link again. Now, it is manually connecting (but no automatic connection). Why this should have suddenly sprung into life, I have no idea, but I'm not complaining Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here
I'm happy to hear that you have a working solution! Hopefully no more problems spring up.
Thanks for the help - let's hope this is the ennd of it.
Graeme

Some of my music here