• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transposing song question
I have noticed something taking place when I transpose a song to a different key. This applies to my chordpro files.

I needed to transpose a song this morning from G to Gb. It seemed to work fine. However, when I went to the edit screen to add a bridge from another song we were adding to the end of the original song, I discovered the actual text of the song was still in G. The song displayed in Gb, but the text editor showed G. It made it impossible to paste the bridge from the second song with the correct key.

Is this normal behavior?
Yes. Transposing only changes what you see on the song screen.
However, you can also transpose from the song editor (edit screen), and this will physically modify the song file, making the change permanent.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(10-03-2016, 07:43 AM)sciurius Wrote: Yes. Transposing only changes what you see on the song screen.
However, you can also transpose from the song editor (edit screen), and this will physically modify the song file, making the change permanent.

Ah, I see said the blind man. Thanks for the tip.
Even more: if you copy a song in MSP both songs share the same file, but are different database entries. This allows separate MSP metadata entries for each of the copies. So you can use the same chordpro file with different transposition settings in several collections or setlists
The same should work for annotations too.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(10-03-2016, 05:12 PM)itsme Wrote: Even more: if you copy a song in MSP both songs share the same file, but are different database entries. This allows separate MSP metadata entries for each of the copies. So you can use the same chordpro file with different transposition settings in several collections or setlists

True. But when you physically modify the transposition it affects all copies!

Quote:The same should work for annotations too.

True as well.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).