• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade help
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to decide what my next step should be.
Presently, I'm running MSP version 1.6.3 via:

DuOS
Android 4.2.2
Kernel version: 3.8.0-DuOS+
ami@duos-build3#1

on an:

Acer Aspire Z1-621
Windows 8.1
Intel® Pentium® N3530 processor Quad-core 2,16 GHz
54,6 cm (21,5") Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9
4 GB, DDR3 SDRAM (not expandable)
1 TB HDD
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Would there be any benefit for me (in terms of MSP) to upgrade to either/both the Android and or Windows version?
Would it better to wait for the Windows version of MSP and then upgrade Windows?
Will this computer be able to handle these upgrades? (The 4 GB RAM is not expandable.)

Thanks very much for your advice and suggestions! Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
I'm a Mac person floundering around in a Windows world.
bump!?
If what you have now is working for you, leave it as is until Mike has the windows version out. Upgrading anything won't do much at all right now. (Don't 'fix' what isn't broke!)
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Alan,

The Windows version that is coming out is going to be Windows 10 only. This is because I'm taking advantage of all of the new programming interfaces Microsoft has for Windows 10 that has good touch support. It also ensures the application will run on every type of device (phone, tablet, PC, surface). The machine you listed is perfectly capable of running the Windows version if you upgrade to Windows 10, so you'll have to decide if that's something you want to do. I personally think Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8.1, and would recommend you do that. I also think you will prefer using the Windows 10 version over the Android version (as you are having to use DuOS), so I think you should go that route once it's released.

Mike