• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferability Between Android and Windows 10
I have MS Pro on my Android tablet[s].

I am getting a "2 in 1" Windows 10 laptop/tablet for work (have not received it yet)

It would be nice to keep Mobilesheets on there (with all my charts) in case I am somewhere I happen to have the laptop (it has a terabyte of storage) and there is a piano around etc.

Is there a process of transferring a mobilesheets (data) file (msf?) between android and the Windows 10 PC ? (I have no problem paying for a second license of Mobilesheets on the new laptop)? 

Or would I just have to treat them totally separate?

Jeff
I had to buy the other version, but that's totally ok considering the quality and amount of time involved!
You should have no trouble importing the msb file with your setlists and settings, but I had problems because I was running a virtual version of Android (DuOs) where the data path for the files were not transfered easily and it returned error messages of missing files...
But that was in 1.6.9 and it might be fixed already!
You can transfer your library by using a library backup file. Just backup your library on the Android version (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library), transfer that .msb file to the Windows version, restore it (Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup), and you will have your whole library available.

After that, you can share specific songs and setlists by using the Share features. You can long press a song or setlist and select Share->Share songs and files (for a setlist) or Share->Share as .msf (for songs). You can send that file to the Windows 10 version and import that .msf file.

I will be adding synchronization features soon to make it easier to keep multiple devices in sync.

Mike
Also be advised that bigger screens of convertibles 2 in 1 like mine are not all active digitizers but only capacitive touch!
That means it is not as precise to use an active stylus (and no palm rejection), so you end up using your bare fingers (after zooming) to write on your music.
At least that's what I do after returning a couple of different pens to the store...
But you can go all up to 17,3'' and make your pages bigger than original size when you need to!
(01-23-2017, 03:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: You can transfer your library by using a library backup file.  Just backup your library on the Android version (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library), transfer that .msb file to the Windows version, restore it (Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup), and you will have your whole library available.

After that, you can share specific songs and setlists by using the Share features. You can long press a song or setlist and select Share->Share songs and files (for a setlist) or Share->Share as .msf (for songs).  You can send that file to the Windows 10 version and import that .msf file.  

I will be adding synchronization features soon to make it easier to keep multiple devices in sync.

Mike

Wow, that is great, Mike!  Thanks!