• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fix File Paths" oddities
I moved my library to a new path on my tablet and came across some issues with "Fix File Paths" and "Find Missing Files" (which are in general very helpful and work fine)
1.) when the path gets too long the OK button is not visible any more, see screenshot
workaround: I memorized how many clicks on "tab" are required to get to the hidden OK button, tabbed there and clicked OK
2.) after applying "Fix File Paths" a following "Find Missing Files" reports an unchanged number of missing files which is not true.
"Fix File Paths" worked fine, just an update was missing. Closing and reopening MSP is required to reread the database and apply the changed file paths
3.) a possibility to copy/paste an existing path as a starting point for further editing would be helpfull
it's pretty exhausting to type paths like 
/storage/emulated/legacy/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/Songs
on an on-screen keyboard without any typo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Same problem.
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=4146
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Thanks guys, I'll work on getting those issues fixed.
I've fixed the issue with the OK/Cancel buttons being scrolled off the dialog, the database is now reloaded after the fix operation completes, and I've made the text field for the new path selectable so that you can copy/paste that as the basis for the existing field. Hopefully that is good enough.

Thanks,
Mike
Many thanks. It's much better now.
Copy/Paste from the new path field is very helpful.
Restarting MSP is not required any more to see the results of "Fix File Paths". But I still have to leave the Settings window to make the changes take effect. Just switching within the Settings page between "Fix File Paths" and "Find Missing Files" (which is a very logical workflow) is not enough.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de