• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOMP Bluteooth Pedal Kickstarter
Rob over at Coda Music shared with me that they started a kickstarter for the new STOMP pedal he designed.  It looks rugged and really promising. Definitely check out the kickstarter here if you are interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/201...ee-page-tu
Looks solid!
But, I need/want at least four buttons/pedals...

The kickstarter page indicates the possibility to plug in accessory pedals, but no indication of what that means/how it would work.

I don't have a 'kickstarter account', so I can't ask...(not interested in creating such an account to ask one question)
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
It looks nice, but I'm not really impressed. Most of the "competitor advantages" are especially created for this device.
150 hour battery life? Gee, none of the others have a 9v battery.
But it cannot be (re)charged via usb (like the others). Neither can you insert a rechargable 9v and have it recharged while in the pedal.
AirTurn BT106 has 6 functional buttons. STOMP only 2.
Tactile foot switches that ensure page turns? Do they look at the tablet to verify that the page indeed did turn?

Real competitor advantage would be the possibility for the user to program (as opposed to having to choose from a very selected set of presets) the buttons.

Finally, for me, I think the buttons are too close together. I don't want to have to look where the buttons are.

So I think it is a nice addition to the collection of bluetooth pedals but not revolutionary.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
It's not silent. Not suitable for studio recording but for loud live shows where you do not care about clicking pedal sound.
(10-08-2017, 02:41 AM)Steve B. Wrote: But, I need/want at least four buttons/pedals...

You know that AirTurn has a 6-button STOMP unit?

https://store.airturn.com/products/airturn-stomp6
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(10-09-2017, 04:42 AM)sciurius Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 02:41 AM)Steve B. Wrote: But, I need/want at least four buttons/pedals...

You know that AirTurn has a 6-button STOMP unit?

https://store.airturn.com/products/airturn-stomp6

Thanks for pointing that out!

But I also don't want/need to spend US$139 for something to use around the house.

It's nearly impossible to justify all the toys I have as it is...

If I was adequately ambitious, I could easily build something for myself (with up to 12 inputs!) using a bluefruit module and spending maybe $50.

So far, my modified Bluetooth (typing) keyboards are serving the purpose well.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.