• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information for beta testing library sync feature
More results for 2.2.7.

Server is set to update client only.
Client has a clean install of MSPro 2.2.7, no database.
Both systems are set to not manage files, storage location is ext SDcard, expose database.
A full backup is made on the server and restored on the client.
(Some are missing on the client, we've discussed that.)

First synch: the missing files are transferred.

Second synch: no updates, nothing transferred.

Third synch: no updates, nothing transferred.

And so on.

So it seems stable in this case.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
With my latest fixes, I was able to merge the first time with no differences between the two libraries and every merge after resulted in no changes.  So hopefully this next release will be the last before the public release.

Thanks,
Mike
Version 2.2.8 of the beta was released late last night with the following fixes:

1) Fixed additional bugs where setlist song notes were not correctly cleaned up when songs were removed
2) Added support for chord pro chorus labels
3) Fixed error that could occur when merging libraries if text/chord pro files are compared without any text display settings (shouldn't normally happen)
4) Fixed bug where the database file paths are not correctly updated when restoring a backup to original file locations if the file paths had song ID prefixes or postfixes
5) Fixed bugs where it was impossible to connect devices after using "Continue" at the end of a merge
6) Fixed bug that could occur when restoring a backup with settings where the storage location was set to a removable SD card and expose database was enabled.

I also released a new companion app with the following fixes:

1) Setlist song notes are now correctly deleted when songs are removed
2) Fixed error where using the file swap feature would cause data in the song to be lost such as MIDI commands
3) Fixed the backup extraction to properly handle the relative file paths

Unless any other serious bugs come up, I'm planning on releasing the official update this week.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm experiencing lots of connection problems with 2.2.8.
For example: starting the server, then starting the client I can make a connection. But when I press Exit on both sides I cannot get them to connect again. The server says "IP: bla bla", the client shows the server, but when I select it and press CONNECT nothing happens.
A force close is needed on the server to be able to communicate again.

Code:
07-11-2018 10:47:45 - IP: 192.168.1.235
07-11-2018 10:48:04 - Sending database file to connected device
07-11-2018 10:48:04 - Error sending database to device: java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to re-open an already-closed object: SQLiteDatabase: /storage/C443-17EE/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/mobilesheets.db
07-11-2018 10:48:04 - Error sending database to device: java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to re-open an already-closed object: SQLiteDatabase: /storage/C443-17EE/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/mobilesheets.db
07-11-2018 10:48:04 - sendDatabaseFile exception thrown. Stacktrace:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to re-open an already-closed object: SQLiteDatabase: /storage/C443-17EE/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/mobilesheets.db

07-11-2018 10:48:04 - java.lang.Exception
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.f.h.a(Logger.java:53)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.l.a(BaseTransport.java:2047)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.l.b(BaseTransport.java:109)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.cw.a(WifiTransport.java:422)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.cw.B(WifiTransport.java:386)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.cy.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

When I hit CONTINUE on both sides, I can make a subsequent connection. Two or three times, then the server disappears from the client (can no longer be selected for connection). After CLOSE I can select sync library and it connects again.

NOTE: Upon completion of a synch, the server already displays "IP: ..." as if a new server is already started before the dialog EXIT/CONTINUE appears.

The problem that a bunch of songs is alternating update/no update is still there...
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
I tried the new betas, too.

First I have to report that copying the database from Android to W10 kind of worked. 

Since I couldn't expose the db yet I used the db extracted with the companion to overwrite the db in the W10 local state directory.

And for most of the songs the stripping of the paths seems to have worked. But I encountered still some missing files or better some wrong paths.

I think I know the reason. After I installed the beta on the Android device and the db was updated I found some missing files (again rather wrong paths).
They seem to be remainders from my last move to a bigger SC card with another ID. I used the manual path fixing in the settings for that but just now discovered that
some paths pointed still to the old SD card ID. I don't know why. 

Again I used the manual path fix and now the files are accessible again. But on W10 (after the copy of the db) these files still have an absolute (Android) path.
I guess that's something I only can fix now with a SQL-Editor (again, do you have a little advice for that?). Or maybe with a successful sync between Android and W10 I guess.

That's what I tried next.

But the first "merging window" told that the file wasn't existent on the client and if it should merge. The path wasn't stripped for the MSP directory in W10 and it looked for and wanted to restore in "X:\dropbox\Noten\xxxx-xxxx\Noten" and not in "X:\dropbox\Noten\".
I'm 99% sure that the PDF in this case wasn't one of the remnants of the old SD card I mentioned above.

I chose skip for the the merge but got then the message IP:null. I guess I waited too long and lost the connection between devices.
Experiments with "sync to cloud folder".

I start a synch with an empty Drive folder. I confirm that I want to upload to this (empty) folder.

It proceeds very slow and would have taken a long to complete. "Would have", since I terminated is before it completed.
An ordinary backup to Drive takes a couple of minutes, so there is something wrong here.

The synch does not continue (hangs?) when MSPro is backgrounded or when the screen is split. When the synch is started while MSPro is in split-screen it seems to keep on running.

Other questions: What is "server" and "client" in this case?

EDIT: I did another attempt and let it run to completion. It took about 30 minutes.

EDIT2: Would it be possible to do this with a local folder?
Johan
Experiments with "sync to backup file"

This seems to be a one-way synch, from the backup file to the library, where you can pick what you want to update. If this is the intended behaviour I would suggest calling it "selective restore" or "sync from backup" or something similar.
Johan
That is correct - it's a one-way merge where you can choose which data to merge/extract.  Your suggestion makes sense, although I'm struggling with the wording, because you are in fact synchronizing your library to the backup file (it's just a one-way sync). I'm not sure if it makes sense to say "synchronize from backup" from a purely grammatical sense. Maybe the wording should be "synchronize with backup file" when I think about it... I didn't want to have completely different wording as it's under the same synchronization menu as the other sync types. 

Mike
Backup ---> library [one way]?
Backup <---> library[bidirectional]?
Source ---> Target?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Not being a native english speaker, my knowlegde of the language falls short to comment on this...
AFAIK, 'to synchronize' has a meaning in the time dimension only but the term was hijacked by technical jargon to mean "to make equal to" in a more general sense.
In this jargon, when A synchronizes to B, A becomes equal to B.

"Sync to a folder" may even be correct.

Important is that the notion of client and server is replaced by local library and remote folder to clearly indicate what is going to happen.
Johan
More on "sync to cloud folder".

In the (Google Drive) cloud folder, the files are stored under their actual names (e.g. Partituren/MyCollection/mysong.pdf) while the hash file and the database have something similar to 1pFbP0Ic6-GNIkiQ99zqJU1WzxHLNl4Yr/mysong.pdf (let's call this the cryptic name).

When the synch is run again, the 'Merging Song' dialog shows the actual name (left) and the cryptic name (right). Moreover, the file size of the cryptic name is zero, which seems to indicate that the file is not yet there. (See screenshot) When I select "Mine" and 'remember choice', all songs seem to be transferred again to the cloud folder. Their timestamps reflects this. The synch runs at a very slow pace -- the run took almost 5 hours.

Comparing songs is very slow. For songs that are just pages in a single, large PDF, is the PDF downloaded and compared for each song? It gives me the feeling there's something wrong with the hashes file.

In mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt, there are 4 lines of information for each library file. The first line is the cryptic name, the second line contains a number (some sort of a hash?). Lines 3 and 4 both contain a zero for all files. I guess here should have been the file lenght and the modification date?

EDIT: If I fill in the length of the file in the 4th line, the compare succeeds.

May I kidly advise to use a more robust (and extendable) file format? JSON, for example. When you later want to add additional information, with the current format this becomes hard and error prone.
Al least, include a first line similar to "MobileSheetsPro Hash file version 1.0. DO NOT MODIFY!".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan