• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaves that disconnect to group automatically check setlist position
I'm still having issues with tablets losing Master/Slave connection.

Our band plays multiple sets during the night. 

Sometimes a member of the band will "sleep" their tablet.

This will often disconnect them from the group and MSP will REJOIN the group automatically.

If I've already pulled up the next song before their tablets rejoin the group, i have to reselect the current song we're on.

I'm wondering if there's a way for the slaves to check which song the Master is on whenever it rejoins the Group so the Master doesn't have to go back and reselect the current song?

This happens for me multiple times through the night.  I'm dealing with 7 tablets (1 master, 6 slaves) and ultimately multiple times through the night someone's tablet will lose its place.

Is this possible at all? Or is it even feasible?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
That's certainly feasible. I would just have to add code to have the slave send the request to the master device and have it respond. All the other messages are one-directional from the master device to the slaves. This would be the first message that is sent from a slave device to the master that also expects a response back. So it's not difficult to implement, it's just going to require some new code to handle that flow. 

Mike