• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to store & name parts for a large group
Hi,

We are a big band where there are usually around 19 different parts per song.

What is the best way to label and store these so that each member can access their own part?

We also want to be able to link the tablets so that the conductir can control which song comes up on each players tablet.

Thanks
(11-15-2018, 11:38 PM)HVBB Wrote: Hi,

What is the best way to label and store these so that each member can access their own part?

We also want to be able to link the tablets so that the conductir can control which song comes up on each players tablet.

Thanks

Just put the files in the right map structure, if then only synchronize from the cloud, and read the manual. This is very complete and just for reading it to be done. Have fun its only 160 pages Wink
(11-15-2018, 11:38 PM)HVBB Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

I'm in the same situation. 

Do they all have separate tablets?

I used to keep every part on every tablet ... but that got too cumbersome.

So now I have a dedicated tablet PER instrument. (Drums tablet, Bass tablet, etc).

And I only put the DRUMS charts on the drums tablet, the BASS chart on the bass tablet, etc.  That helped a LOT and it's easier to keep organized.

In my Dropbox, I keep a Master folder of all my charts and then PARTS folders. When I make new charts, I'll drag them all to the MASTER folder as well as divvy out to each parts folder. Then when importing through dropbox within MSP, I just navigate the Drums tablet over to the Drums folder and import any new or updated charts.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
If all tablets have the same songs, then the matching is easy by using song title. If you limit each tablet only to the versions of songs it needs, then you'll need to match on a different field such as Song ID, Custom, or Custom 2. At the moment, you'll just have to apply different labels to each song title for each part if you want to have the same songs on every device. The song versioning and role features I've discussed previously might make this easier, as you could have the 19 versions of the one song, but each user would pick their role, and it would automatically switch which version of each song that user will see. I'm going to be working on the song versioning feature later in the summer (that's my goal at least).

Mike