• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 2 in 1 computer for MobileSheets
I am looking for a new 2 in 1 computer that will be powerful and work well as a computer, and that will also work well for MobileSheets. Does anyone have a convertible computer that they would recommend? The removable screen would need to have portrait orientation so I can use it for reading music. I would also like a pen for annotating.
Thanks for your help!
The Surface Pro is pretty great, but of course pricey.
The Porsche Design Book seems also to be good, even its processor is one year old (7th generation instead of current 8th). Good display and stylus.
But the question is: what is in your eyes a "powerful working computer"? 32GB RAM, 1TB SDD, 8th gen. i9 6cores, 4k display? Or something lighter? ;-)

When choosing a 2in1 you should decide if you want to have a convertible or a detachable. The later has the advantage that when using for MobileSheets you haven't that "big" weight on your music stand - only the display. Maybe 700g. But that comes to a price: less power.
I find the Microsoft Surface Book 2 really good. I have the I5 13.5 inch model.

You can use the standard charger to charge the screen when it is separated during use too, if required - something that wasn't really abundantly clear in the documentation....
Pixel Slate will be available in November but depending on where you live.
(10-10-2018, 12:25 AM)lilypadlak Wrote: I am looking for a new 2 in 1 computer that will be powerful and work well as a computer, and that will also work well for MobileSheets. Does anyone have a convertible computer that they would recommend? The removable screen would need to have portrait orientation so I can use it for reading music. I would also like a pen for annotating.
Thanks for your help!

You might check out the HP Spectre x360.  I've had one for a few years and it's a very lightweight, well-performing and flexible convertible that seems to work well with MobileSheets (although I'm a new user and just getting started).
I use an Acer Switch 5. It is basically a Surface Pro Clone but includes keyboard and pen  and I really like it. It even can be charged via usb-C and it has NO fans! Only the speakers are crap. Since it is last years mobile i5 chip (gen7), it is only dual core. If you can get it for a good price (<=700$) , the Acer might be a budget  alternative. If you want/can to spent more, make sure you get a device with the 8th gen intel mobile chips because they are quad core. Having said that, even a dual core i5 chip is more than enough for browsing and office work and of course MobileSheets! Btw - I am not aware of any 2in1 that offers a built in stand for portrait mode. You need to buy an extra stand! Both the Acer and the Surface Pro have orientation sensors to switch to portrait mode. I think all tablet like devices will have that , but not sure with touch laptop style devices like the surface laptop.
I've been very happy with my Samsung Galaxy Book 12, once I got past some driver issues (seems to be a recurring problem for me on windows 10 devices). Good battery life, good screen, lightweight and a slightly cheaper alternative to the Surface since it includes the keyboard and pen. Not the most powerful processor, but does the job for my day-to-day use.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Just got a HP-2-in-1 12.3" touchscreen Chromebook, nice 3.2 aspect screen. Detachable screen makes it a light weight tablet. Mobilesheets seems to work very well. One drawback is that Chrome OS does not allow
bluetooth file transfer, but able to connect tablets for page linking.

Samsung tab pro 12.2
SmarTab 13.3
HP-2-in-1 12.3" touchscreen Chromebook
I use a Dell Inspiron 17-7778 with a E7 processor, 12GB of RAM and a SSD drive as my backup system and it's a rocket!
Also this 17,6'' is the largest touchscreen to work on batteries before going with larger touchscreen monitors systems (22-27'') that needs to be wired and hooked to a mini-computer.
Using my brand new Samsung Chromebook Plus.  Got it from BestBuy (Model:XE521QAB SKU:6239914) when it was on sale... Paid $350.  It has a 360 degree hinge (so folds so the keyboard in the back for tablet mode) and then I have it turned portrait mode... basically a A-sheet/8.5x11 

Absolutely love it (well for the few days that I've had it  Big Grin)

Spent a VERY long time pondering this purchase (as in started thinking about it a year ago).  This Chromebook does support Android applications (so MobileSheets installed and runs perfectly).

When NOT in tablet "mode" it's got the standard keyboard and has a built-in stylus.

SenseiC bows out
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28