• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
app no longer responding - boox max 3
I have the new boox max3 tablet and loaded the e ink version for android. It all works fine except for the annotations. When I have sheet music loaded and tap on the annotation symbol the app freezes and a note comes up saying it is no longer responding and to close it.
Email me at mike@zubersoft.com and I will send you a link to an APK that fixes the annotations issue. This will require you to uninstall/reinstall though, so back up your library first under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. 

I am in contact with Boox right now about this issue. Basically, their SDK doesn't support 64-bit CPUs, yet they sell the Boox Max 3 with a 64-bit CPU. So in order to fix the issue, they either need to update their libraries to support 64-bit (which they say they will do), or I have to completely remove 64-bit support and just use 32-bit libraries. The APK I am going to send you the link to only uses 32-bit libraries, so it will get around the problem. This is not a good long term solution though, and it requires that every Boox Max 3 user uninstalls the app before installing the latest version. That doesn't seem acceptable to me, so I'm trying to get Onyx to tell me when they will update their libraries.

Mike
Thanks for quick response. The revised version works fine.
Just in case anyone views this thread - the 64-bit issue was fixed with MobileSheetsPro v2.7.7 (latest e-ink version is 2.7.8 and 2.8.0 may be released soon).

Mike
(12-11-2019, 04:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just in case anyone views this thread - the 64-bit issue was fixed with MobileSheetsPro v2.7.7 (latest e-ink version is 2.7.8 and 2.8.0 may be released soon).

Mike
I cannot find where to download this version. sorry! When I open mobilesheets it says it is downloading 2.7.8 and I restart as instructed, but the version does not change.
There is a bug with the e-ink version on the Boox Max 3 that causes it to fail to launch the installer when updating (it's a permissions issue). I have a fix in place for the next update, but for now, you will have to manually download the installer again and run it to update to the latest version. Send an email to mike@zubersoft.com if you need me to send you the link to the installer. It's the same link you got in the emails after purchasing.

Mike