• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layers
Hello everyone, 
I'm new to mobilesheets and would like to know  if it has a annotation  layer feature. I work on several of the same pieces with my students but suggest different fingerings and bowings depending  on level. It would be nice to pull up the pieces with my individual  students fingerings.
At the moment, no. MobileSheetsPro has the concept of annotation groups that would allow you to put each students fingering in a separate group and then you can toggle between the groups, but it doesn't have the concept of layers where you can turn on/off individual layers and show multiple layers at once. If you want to keep all of the annotations for each student completely separate with no overlap, then the annotation group feature will work for you. Tap the pointer icon, then tap the circle at the top left and if "Show List" is not orange, tap it to enable it. There is a + button at the top of the list on the side. Tap that to create a new group. On the main song display screen, tapping the top left/top right corners goes to the previous annotation group/next annotation group by default. These actions are configurable under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mike
(04-11-2019, 11:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, no. MobileSheetsPro has the concept of annotation groups that would allow you to put each students fingering in a separate group and then you can toggle between the groups, but it doesn't have the concept of layers where you can turn on/off individual layers and show multiple layers at once. If you want to keep all of the annotations for each student completely separate with no overlap, then the annotation group feature will work for you. Tap the pointer icon, then tap the circle at the top left and if "Show List" is not orange, tap it to enable it. There is a + button at the top of the list on the side. Tap that to create a new group. On the main song display screen, tapping the top left/top right corners goes to the previous annotation group/next annotation group by default. These actions are configurable under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I'm also a music teacher and agree that the groups function should have some extra useful features before I could use this app in my class.
Currently I have to create a new group for every page, matching the same group I previously had on the other pages. (It would be nice if you create group 2, it would create it for all the pages in the document)
Also when moving between pages in the annotations modus, it always resets to "group 1" instead of remembering what group I was editing previously in.
And it would be also nice be able to name the groups instead of a number, that way I know what student's annotations I'm selecting.
Hello,

With the switch to layers that is coming up, I do plan on letting you name them. When the button is tapped to create a new layer, I'll present an option to create that layer on all pages in the song. I'll also make sure the active layer selection stays the same when switching pages (when possible).

Mike
(04-11-2019, 10:57 AM)Doublebassfl Wrote: Hello everyone, 
I'm new to mobilesheets and would like to know  if it has a annotation  layer feature. I work on several of the same pieces with my students but suggest different fingerings and bowings depending  on level. It would be nice to pull up the pieces with my individual  students fingerings.

Why not create several copies of your "master" piece with a different bowings/fingerings?
You can pull up these copies pretty fast.