• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help sharing setlists with new songs
I apologize if this is something simple, but I am very new to this software and need some help. I am trying to find a way to share setlists that contain both new and existing songs with other users in our band. I am responsible for loading the new content and creating the setlists and then getting them to the other members most of whi are also on Mobilesheets Pro (one holdout who insists on using paper just to make my life crazy). 

I do not want to take over their libraries, but they are willing to allow me to add data or update existing songs. 

Help please if you can.
If you go to the Setlists tab, long press the setlist and tap "Share->Export songs and files", this will generate a .msf file containing the entire setlists. You can then import that file on other devices running MobileSheetsPro and it will create the setlist if needed (or update an existing one), and create/update songs on the device to match what is in the .msf file. This will overwrite any changes that user may have for their version of the matching song, so keep this in mind if users have their own sets of annotations, for example. If you have a more complex scenario like that, then this approach will not work and you'll need to use the library sync feature (which I can describe). 

For users that don't use MobileSheetsPro, select Share->Export files, tap the option to join all of the files into one PDF, and then you can just send them that one PDF to load or print.

Mike
Hi - also a relative newbie, but also not too good with software generally:

Your reply is very useful - but can it also be used for song collections - I use MSPro generally but am trying to work with a band with their songs kept as a collection - want to be able to get them onto MSPro too with their own tablets - but not export all I have in my tablet and also be able to update the collection only?

At worst - would I have to create a song list from the collection?

Thanks in anticipation,
Alan
(02-05-2020, 04:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to the Setlists tab, long press the setlist and tap "Share->Export songs and files", this will generate a .msf file containing the entire setlists. You can then import that file on other devices running MobileSheetsPro and it will create the setlist if needed (or update an existing one), and create/update songs on the device to match what is in the .msf file. This will overwrite any changes that user may have for their version of the matching song, so keep this in mind if users have their own sets of annotations, for example. If you have a more complex scenario like that, then this approach will not work and you'll need to use the library sync feature (which I can describe). 

For users that don't use MobileSheetsPro, select Share->Export files, tap the option to join all of the files into one PDF, and then you can just send them that one PDF to load or print.

Mike
Mike,

Can I use a similar method to share a collection - am with a band where I have their songs as a collection and would like to be able to export/add/edit their collection without overwriting the rest of mine (or theirs) when updating?
(or do I have to create a setlist fro their entire collection?)

Cheers,Alan
The option I described only applies to setlists. It could be extended to support other group types like collections in the future if this would be useful to people. For now, you'll have to create a temporary setlist and use that to populate the collection on the other tablets. I also have plans to update the sync library feature to allow only specific groups to be synchronized. That would be another approach you could use.

Mike