• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing file
Hi, i get a "file doesn't exist" message error message loading a new setlist. The screen is black and it seems that MSP cannot find the file on my tablet. I am currently restoring from a b-up, hope it fixes it. 

Update, the restore library didn't work

Any ideas?

Thx
First, reboot the device, then restore the backup and see if that fixes it. If not, use a file browser such as File Manager + and see if the file exists at the location specified by MobileSheetsPro and that the size is greater than 0 bytes. If the file does exist, then we can look into other things. If it does not, well that's a problem as the backup doesn't have the file in it, so you'll have to use the file swap feature to swap in a valid version of that file.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

It seems that MS changed the location of some files, i save all it's files on a SD card. I fixed it by importing again all the pdf's.

I had a hard time yesterday just before an important rehearsal, nothing showed up in my set list, i had to import all the files from dropbox, you have an idea what caused that?

Thanks.

Denis.
Denis,

Can you describe the process you are using to import the files from Dropbox? If you edit one of the problematic songs, go to the files tab and long press on the file, what is the full path to the file? I need to understand if files are being stored in the storage location or if you've changed the settings and they are being used from a temporary directory managed by Dropbox.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I import from dropbox in the set list, i select the setlist  and select import so MSP will add it to the setlist i'm editing.

When i open a problematic song i get a black screen with this message, i will translate because my tablet is in french:The file/strorage/F09E9-334E/Electricity/Electricity.pdfdoesn't exist

Sometimes the same message for another file but different location path.

The  storage path i selected for the MSP is the SD card: /storage/F0E9-334E

Thanks

Denis.
Denis,

If you use a file manager such as File Manager + and you go to /storage/F0E9-334E/Electricy, do you see Electricity.pdf there? Can you load that file in any viewer? I'm somewhat worried the SD card may be going bad as I've heard of users having files disappear when their card started to fail.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

No, i don't see Electricity.pdf.  You might be right regarding the sd card issue.

Thanks.
Hi,

I've replaced the file path and it works. In the file tab i selected the Electricity file in my dropbox and MSP copied it on the sd card: /strorage/F09E9-334E/Electricity/Electricity.pdf

It works but think i should change the sd card

Thanks

Denis.
I' browsing setlist and many files are missing randomly, erased from the sd card. 

Very strange. I'll buy a new sd card.

Thanks