• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing .chopro files
Hi,
Although I've been using Mobile Sheets Pro for few years I'm new on this forum.
Until now I have used it to create setlists for gigging and only imported chordsheets from the bandleader in  .PDF format.
I'm now trying to use chopro files since that will allow me to transpose whenever needed without having to import a new transposed PDF.
Unfortunately the importing process gets stuck as soon a I allocate the file to the designated setlist.
I import from dropbox which works fine with PDF's.
Does anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Just to verify - if you use Import->Dropbox, select your file, don't change any settings and just tap OK on the import settings dialog, it never finishes the import? What if you download the file first to the tablet and then use Import->Local File? I'm just trying to determine where the problem might be.  Does this happen with every chord pro file you've tested? If you disable auto-sizing under Settings->Text File Settings, does that change anything? That would indicate MobileSheetsPro is getting stuck in some kind of loop while determining the optimal font size for the document.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-02-2020, 05:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just to verify - if you use Import->Dropbox, select your file, don't change any settings and just tap OK on the import settings dialog, it never finishes the import? What if you download the file first to the tablet and then use Import->Local File? I'm just trying to determine where the problem might be.  Does this happen with every chord pro file you've tested? If you disable auto-sizing under Settings->Text File Settings, does that change anything? That would indicate MobileSheetsPro is getting stuck in some kind of loop while determining the optimal font size for the document.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike,
I have switched off autosizing the fonts as you suggested and now the file is imported but appears in a strange format on the screen. Full rows of y's and some text indicating "times new roman"etc.
Ernest
Can you please upload the file here or send it to me at mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at it? It sounds like the file encoding is being detected incorrectly due to something in the file.

Thanks,
Mike
Sounds as though it has been created with a word processor (eg Word or LibreOffice) rather than being a pure plain text file created by something like Notepad or Programmer's Notepad.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
@Mike: I have mailed the relevant file to you.
@Geoff: thanks for your reply. I could well be I downloaded the wrong file from the net. Until now I've never used chopro files. Only PDF.
Bassman - I responded through email but I will also respond here. The file you sent was not a valid chord pro file. It was not a simple text file - it was encoded with binary data, so there is no way to even edit it in any sensible manner with a text editor. That is why you are running into problems importing and viewing the file. 

Mike