• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying settings status
VERY small and simple thing: For a brand new user, it's not clear whether the "Off" on the right side of a settings slider means:

1 - If you slide the button to the right, you'll turn this option OFF

or

2 - This option IS Off and you need to slide the button towards OFF in order to turn it ON [which is what is actually true]

I'm guessing that in the "app" world this may be standard behavior, but it's not in Windows applications. It could be made completely clear if the word "Off" appears to the Left of the slider when the option is off and the slider is to the left. When the slider is to the right, "Off" would either disappear or be unbolded/unlit.

Sounds silly, but I almost authorized the program to delete my original files after importing them because I thought I needed to slide toward "Off" in order to turn that option OFF.
That is Microsoft's ToggleSwitch component. It's a standard component, so I was just going with something that's built into the UWP framework. See this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ns/toggles

Microsoft uses that same component in the Windows 10 settings. Go into the settings in Windows 10, go to something like "Display" and you'll see that same component used in the same way there. 

Mike
(02-28-2020, 02:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is Microsoft's ToggleSwitch component. It's a standard component, so I was just going with something that's built into the UWP framework. See this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...ns/toggles

Microsoft uses that same component in the Windows 10 settings. Go into the settings in Windows 10, go to something like "Display" and you'll see that same component used in the same way there. 

Mike
Understood. And probably why I hate Windows 10's settings dialogs! Seems everyone wants to be an iPhone. Smile