• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with songbooks
I have a couple of song books with a collection of songs on each.  They are both in pdf format.
What is the best approach for entering them in MSP so that I can go to each song quickly:
1.-  Save each song in a pdf editor as separate files and enter them all separately?
2.-  Add an index page (or use the existing one in the book) and add link buttons beside each song name to each song page?
3.-  Create a new entry for each song using the main pdf selecting only the corresponding pages of each song for each new entry?

Is there a guide somewhere for this task which I assume it's very common?
Thanks!
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
1.You could create PDF Bookmarks. Either on pc or direkt in MSP. Then you have still one big file.

2. The Link Points are tricky for this, if the Index page has a lot of entrys there could not be enough room for all the Points.

3. The most elegant way is probably creating a CSV file for the book. Then every Song in the book becomes his own entry. With the CSV you could put all the songs in an Collection or something like that.
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...php?fid=29
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Creating CSV files (one CSV file per PDF book) is indeed the most flexible way to handle fakebooks.
The chapter in the MSP manual is a good starting point to learn how to do that.
My preferred tools on windows are LibreOffice Calc and Notepad++
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(11-24-2020, 06:07 PM)itsme Wrote: Creating CSV files (one CSV file per PDF book) is indeed the most flexible way to handle fakebooks.
The chapter in the MSP manual is a good starting point to learn how to do that.
My preferred tools on windows are LibreOffice Calc and Notepad++

Thank you all.  I've created my first CSV file and it worked great.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal